Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2670234

Subject: "I was daydreaming about Malick's The Tree of Life" Previous topic | Next topic
Errol Walton Barrow
Member since Jul 02nd 2002
6186 posts
Mon Mar-05-12 06:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I was daydreaming about Malick's The Tree of Life"
In response to In response to 0

and thinking about all the spools of film he must've gone through to get the childhood montage, and the failed experiments after failed experiments it must've taken to get the creation sequence, and I thought what it takes for a big studio to set that up. No way Malick or tons of directors would do what they do as independants with digital cameras, even though cheap cams and a cool website are the future of film I think.

I've been thinking that smae thing about the seventies albums folks love so much and how major labels were integral, like Whats Goin on and such.

Still, talent needs Industry? The Jester needs the King's court? Sounds like an alluring theory but I can't say that's absolute tho. There must be tons of musical examples analogous to the Independent seventies filmmakers like Hopper and Coppola after their big bad studio system fell.

-------
http://adevotedappraisal.tumblr.com - Essays, reviews, short stories and free writes on music, film and life around us.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

[View all] , k_orr, Mon Mar-05-12 05:59 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
with fashion, seems like the customer is too sophisticated
Mar 05th 2012
      also less tangible.
Mar 05th 2012
      Yeah couture fashion always was seen as high art
Mar 05th 2012

Lobby The Lesson topic #2670234 Previous topic | Next topic