Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13337876

Subject: "Scarface is running for Houston City Council" Previous topic | Next topic
Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Jun-12-19 10:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Scarface is running for Houston City Council"

Has a rapper held elected office yet? At some point, someone's got to, hope he can do this.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Rapper-Scarface-announces-run-for-Houston-City-13965304.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com

Your mind isn't playing tricks. A former member of the pioneering hip-hop group Geto Boys could wind up representing a large part of the city.

Brad Jordan, better known as his rap moniker "Scarface," on Sunday announced his bid for Houston City Council District D. The seat is currently held by Councilman Dwight Boykins, who recently filed paperwork indicating he will run for mayor, according to earlier reports in the Houston Chronicle.

The district includes the Texas Medical Center, the Astrodome area, the Museum District, Texas Southern University and the University of Houston. City officials confirmed that Jordan has already filed a campaign treasurer, Oma Terry.

"It's official," the rapper said in an Instagram post. "I'm offering myself for service as the next Houston City Councilmember for District D. Join our movement! More details to come. www.bradfordistrictd.com."

Fellow Houston rappers Paul Wall and Bun B have already showed their support for Jordan's announcement online. "I'm here for this!" Bun B said in a comment on the post.

The announcement came one day before another former Geto Boys rapper Richard Shaw, aka Bushwick Bill, died of pancreatic cancer in Colorado at age 52.

Shaw and Jordan's work with the group helped put Houston on the map in the hip-hop world. City officials have also highlighted Jordan's educational initiatives.

Last year, Boykins and Mayor Sylvester Turner presented Jordan with a proclamation dedicating June 26 as "Brad 'Scarface' Jordan Day," according to CW39.

Jordan is a founding member of The Positive Purpose Movement, which supports education and empowerment programs for underrepresented communities. The rapper also talked to local students last year about bringing music entrepreneurship programs to their schools.

"Through the hard work and dedication of our team and our chairman Brad 'Scarface' Jordan, we are able to stay committed to our vision of 'putting the neighbor back in the hood,'" according to the Positive Purpose Movement's website.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Scarface is running for Houston City Council [View all] , Marauder21, Wed Jun-12-19 10:53 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
thats great
Jun 12th 2019
Surly his explicit musical content will become an issue?
Jun 12th 2019
I don't think it'll be as big an issue at the City Council level.
Jun 12th 2019
I did not exchange fuck faces with that woman
Jun 12th 2019
RE: I did not exchange fuck faces with that woman
Dec 14th 2019
nah
Jun 12th 2019
Running for a political seat that has the power to influence how money i...
Jun 13th 2019
      You just hatin Case....let that man cook.... *flyhavindishhook*
Jun 13th 2019
           No hate Boss. I'm just saying keep that head on a swivel
Jun 13th 2019
                Ahhnorld killed 1,000 on screen bruh
Dec 14th 2019
Donald trump is president bruh
Dec 13th 2019
^^^ clearly doesn’t listen to Scarface ^^^
Dec 14th 2019
Rapper Scarface in runoff for Houston City Council seat