Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13327641

Subject: "Are you a member of any Associations or Unions?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Mon Apr-22-19 11:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Are you a member of any Associations or Unions?"

Specifically beyond the industry you work in?

With all of the juice police unions seemingly have, especially when it comes to the way they are protected in scenarios of unjust violence perpetrated against innocent people, couldn't new unions/associations be created in response.

For example:
An answer could be, a union for anyone who's been stopped unjustly by police. It would be a vehicle to unite for advocacy of better oversight legislation, or organizing a simple boycott of, or the lobbying of, specific insurance companies who underwrite the policies cities use to pay victim's families in civil cases, after a killer cop walks free on a criminal case. Then when those cities are stuck with the liability without insurance, I bet they'll then find ways for their police forces to end the unjust murder and harm.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Are you a member of any Associations or Unions? [View all] , Cam, Mon Apr-22-19 11:42 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
The ACLU is for that right? There may be more
Apr 22nd 2019
Yeah there's the ACLU, the NAACP, the SPLC and the Urban League.
Apr 22nd 2019
      militant street level organizing gives orgs like this more
Apr 23rd 2019
      yes, the ILWU are exactly the example I'm attempting to describe
Apr 23rd 2019
      I think a concentrated effort on specific issues could be effective
Apr 24th 2019
i do solidarity work with black lives matter
Apr 23rd 2019
That's excellent
Apr 23rd 2019

Lobby General Discussion topic #13327641 Previous topic | Next topic