Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13305183

Subject: "new song "The Journey" vibe swipe" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13966 posts
Thu May-18-23 05:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
26. "new song "The Journey" vibe swipe"
In response to In response to 0

The Journey

https://youtu.be/tSSUiK-ugv4

Apple music interview

https://youtu.be/6EUYUXrvT3I

https://www.vibe.com/music/music-news/her-the-journey-new-album-interview-1234757927/

HOME
MUSIC
MUSIC NEWS

H.E.R. Wants To Release Next Album On Her Own Terms

"The thing is I've been forced to pay attention to these deadlines and all these. I don't care about this stuff anymore. I just want to make music."

BY DEMICIA INMAN

MAY 18, 2023 1:22PM

H.E.R. has a message for fans hoping to hear a new album. While speaking with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe on Thursday (May 18), the R&B talent discussed her ongoing career moves, her newly-released single “The Journey,” and her personal life offstage.

“You going to get it when you get it,” the 25-year-old explained when asked about a new album. Her last studio album Back Of My Mind debuted in June 2021.

“I’m in the studio. And this is the thing… I’ve been forced to pay attention to these deadlines and all these… I don’t care about this stuff anymore. I just want to make music. And when I feel like it’s ready, it’s going to be ready and you’ll get it.”

As she moves into the next era of her career, the Grammy Award-winning performer continues to make herself proud. On the newly-released “The Journey,” the California native hits the highest note she’s ever sang.

“Oh my goodness. It was the first take… it was such an emotional experience for me, so it just happened,” reflected the “Best Part” singer. “It wasn’t anything I had to like, ‘All right, let me try to get this note.’ I wasn’t even planning on singing that high. I never sang that high on a record before, actually. I can’t really put it into words how everything kind of happened. I really believe it was from God because it’s just, it’s crazy.”

As her first solo release of the year, “The Journey” is included within various in-game ESPN production elements, including vignettes voiced over by H.E.R., describing the unique paths through the NBA Playoffs for all 16 teams. The singer teased the emotional song on social media earlier this year.

With her highly decorated music career and role as Squeak in the upcoming The Color Purple musical film, the multi-hyphenate has plenty on her plate. The Academy Award winner described the ups-and-downs of maintaining harmony outside of the studio.

“Balance is very tough, but it’s good,” she told Lowe. “I’m kind of in a selfish phase right now, and I really like that. Being okay with being alone a lot. And that’s really a healthy place to be, I think. People will take it a little personally sometimes, but you got to let them, and that’s like how I’ve been feeling.”

She continued, “Just giving myself a second here and there, which is good, because I give a lot all the time. And I did last year, just putting it all on stage and I’ve been giving it back to myself a little bit, which has been really nice. But balance is always hard because I want to work, I want to do the things I want. I don’t want to say no, but I’m a lot better with that now.”

Listen to “The Journey” below.

https://youtu.be/tSSUiK-ugv4

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

H.E.R. (tiny desk) [View all] , c71, Mon Jan-07-19 04:10 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
so....folks clicked on this post....but didn't have time to watch the vi...
Jan 08th 2019
she good.
Jan 08th 2019
Her potential is high.
Jan 08th 2019
      yup. i wish godleeluv would stop bullshittin & get discovered....
Jan 08th 2019
           💕
Jul 24th 2021
was checking for it the week it dropped
Jan 08th 2019
RE: H.E.R. (tiny desk)
Jan 08th 2019
Nice you came to represent for H.E.R.
Jan 08th 2019
Vibe cover article, spin Grammy's clip
Feb 11th 2019
yall messing with H.I.M?
Feb 11th 2019
Sorry..I tried. This all seems forced.... she's ok. i've heard better...
Feb 11th 2019
Same.
Jul 16th 2021
RE: H.E.R. (tiny desk)
Feb 11th 2019
roots, rock, reggae
Jul 13th 2021
The joint she did with Wizkid was a preview of that, and its dope:
Jul 13th 2021
still something about this artist that don't sit right with me...
Jul 16th 2021
Bruh, she is the real deal.
Jul 20th 2021
you aint nobody nigga.. lol
Apr 04th 2022
someone else was supposedly working on a reggae album
Apr 04th 2022
H.E.R. to Make Acting Debut in ‘Color Purple’ Musical Film Adaptatio...
Aug 29th 2021
Saweetie - Closer (feat. H.E.R.) (Official Music Video)
Apr 04th 2022
2022...still don't get the appeal...
Apr 04th 2022
we get it nigga.. stfu
Apr 04th 2022
Does that make you uncomfortable?
Apr 05th 2022
      its Devil music!!!
Apr 05th 2022
I woulda posted this earlier but it put me to sleep
May 18th 2023

Lobby General Discussion topic #13305183 Previous topic | Next topic