Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13298203

Subject: "Non of that has anything to do with the Fact of a Moral Law Giver" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Nov-27-18 04:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
88. "Non of that has anything to do with the Fact of a Moral Law Giver"
In response to In response to 82
Tue Nov-27-18 04:58 PM by Case_One

God Does Not Surrender His Purposes for Man

God’s Covenant with Noah
Resource by John Piper Scripture: Genesis 8:20–9:17 Topic: The Covenants
If you aim to build a road from Minneapolis to some other city, you don't buy any right-of-way or cut down any trees or dig one inch of roadbed until you know what city the road is intended to reach. Your destination influences all your decisions from the start. The things you do at the beginning make sense because of your goal at the end. If someone asks you, "Why are you buying farmland in Prior Lake?" you answer, "Because I'm building road to Mankato not Milaca."

The Future Determines the Past
One of the basic doctrines of Christianity is that history is God's highway to an appointed future. God himself is the state highway commission and the chief engineer and the head foreman on the job. History is not a random path cut through the countryside by people without a compass. It's a highway that leads from creation to consummation, engineered by God who directs everything from his sovereign standpoint in the future. History is going somewhere. God appointed the goal before the foundation of the world, and under his over-arching providence all events serve that goal.

The psalmist says, "Thy eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written everyone of them, the days that were formed for me when as yet there was none of them" (139:16). Before you get up tomorrow to make your little contribution to God's highway of history, he has already written in his book what you will accomplish. And when he writes it down, he is not guessing. According to Isaiah 46:9, 10, God says, "I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose.'" At the beginning of history God saw the end of history. He saw what he aimed to perform, and he knew what had to be done to achieve it, and he decreed that it be: "My counsel shall stand, I will accomplish all my purpose!" (See also Acts 2:23; 4:28; Matthew 25:34; Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:20; Revelation 13:8; 17:8.)

In a very real sense, then, God runs history from the future. He stands, as it were, already at the destination and guides the road crew so that his highway reaches Mankato instead of Janesville or Sleepy Eye. This means that when you want an explanation for some historical event, you don't just look at the past like most historians; you also look to the future. If the ultimate cause of things is running history from the future, then the ultimate explanation of things is found in the future. If the road crew builds a sweeping curve to the west, the ultimate explanation may be that there was a swamp ahead to the east.

The New Testament Explains the Turns in the Old
If you don't believe in a God who is powerfully involved in history, then the only explanation of events you will look for are past causes, not future purposes. But as soon as you reckon with the God of the Bible, tomorrow will always be part of today's explanation.

This means that when we meditate on the acts of God in the Old Testament, we should include questions like: How does this turn in the Old Testament highway lead on to the decisive New Testament events where God's Son joins the highway work crew for thirty years? If God runs history from the future, and if the coming of the Son into history is a foretaste of the future, then the experiences of Noah and Abraham and Moses and David are all preparations for the coming of Christ. God made a covenant with each of these saints; covenants always contain promises; and "all the promises of God find their Yes in Christ" (2 Corinthians 1:20). Therefore, the coming of Christ was the future which guided all God's work in Old Testament times.

The Covenant with Noah Prepared the Way for Christ
What I want to do in the four Sundays of Advent is look with you at God's covenants with Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David with a view to how they prepared the way for Christ. And I pray that our confidence in God's planning and engineering skills will be strengthened.

Today we look at God's covenant with Noah. I remember hearing John Hoeldtke say one time in a sermon on the flood, "Noah and the ark is not a children's story!" It is one of the most terrifying and tragic stories of God's wrath in the Bible. Gustave Dore, the French artist, captures the mood of the story in his engraving of a huge expanse of empty sea with one lone rock protruding a few feet above the waves. There are three terrified children on the rock, and slipping into the sea are a mother and father trying desperately to push a fourth little baby to safety. On the rock sits a giant tiger. Bodies are floating in the water and overhead circle the exhausted vultures. Whatever else we may say about this story, it is not cute.

The Threefold Message of the Flood
The message of this story is threefold.

First, the wickedness of man is very great and his heart is full of evil continually.
Second, God's patience does come to an end and he destroys unrepentant sinners in judgment.
Third, nevertheless, God does not surrender his purpose in creating man. Even in judgment God does not leave off building his highway. His counsel shall stand and he shall accomplish all his purpose: "All the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord" (Numbers 14:21). Judgment is real and horrible, but it will not be the last word. The story points forward to an unknown remedy.
1. The Human Heart Is Very Wicked
Let's look at these three lessons one at a time. First, the story of the flood teaches us that the human heart in its natural condition is very wicked. Now and then the Old Testament makes explicit pronouncements about human depravity. For example, Psalm 51:5, "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me." But usually the incorrigible evil of the human heart is simply portrayed in its results. After the fall in Genesis 3, Adam passes the buck to Eve, Cain kills his brother; Lamech kills a boy, commits bigamy, and boasts; and when you get to Genesis 6:5, the writer says, "The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Verse 11 shows that all this inward evil was breaking out everywhere: "Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and the earth was filled with violence. And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth."

So the first lesson of the flood is the doctrine of sin. Advent season makes no sense without sin, because Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners (1 Timothy 2:5). The first point of the flood is that we are sinners and deserve judgment. But I suppose someone might say, "That was the condition before the flood. But that has been purged away and we are descendants of righteous Noah who was not condemned." But the writer builds three roadblocks to that view.

The Condition of Man's Heart Is Not Improved After the Flood

First, in 8:21, after the flood, God says in his heart, "I will never again curse the ground because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth." God's assessment of our moral condition is not improved by the flood. He is not so naïve as to think Noah and his descendants are without sin.

Noah Falls After the Flood

In fact—and this is the second road block—after the flood Genesis 9:20f. says, "Noah planted a vineyard; and he drank of the wine, and became drunk and lay uncovered in his tent." And his own sin leads to the sins of his son. Just as the first man after creation led the way into sin for all of his posterity, so the first man after the flood led the way into sin for all of his posterity. Before the flood and after the flood human nature is corrupt.

Noah Was Saved by Grace

The third roadblock to thinking Noah began a new sin-free population is Genesis 6:8. The reason Noah was spared was because he "found grace in the eyes of the Lord." Noah was not without sin, but he found favor with God because "he walked with God" (6:9): he agreed with God about the evil of his own sin, turned from it, and trusted God for grace. He is called righteous and blameless in Genesis 6:9. But blameless in the Old Testament doesn't always mean sinless. A man is blameless if he does not persist in his blameworthy actions, if he hates them, turns from them, and comes to God seeking mercy (cf. Job 1:1). Neither does righteous mean sinless. In the Old Testament, a righteous man is a sinner who hates his sin, turns from it, trusts God, pursues obedience, and enjoys acceptance by grace. (See Psalm 32:1–2, 10–11.) This is confirmed by Hebrews 11:7, "By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, took heed and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; by this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness which comes by faith."

Noah was not an exception to the rule of universal sinfulness. He had experienced what the Old Testament calls the "circumcision of the heart" (Deuteronomy 30:6) and what the New Testament calls new birth (1 Peter 1:23). That gave rise to repentance and faith. Therefore, the doctrine of sin stands as the first lesson of this story. Apart from new birth and faith it may be said of all men and women and children "every imagination of the thoughts of their heart is only evil continually" (6:5). If that doctrine is rejected, the meaning of the flood collapses and the advent season becomes the prelude to a pretty fairy tale.

2. God's Patience Does Come to an End
The second lesson of the flood is that God's patience does come to an end and he destroys unrepentant sinners. According to Genesis 6:7, "The Lord said, 'I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the ground, man and beast and creeping things and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.'" Then in verse 13, "God said to Noah, 'I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.'" And in verse 17 God says that his wrath will come as a flood: "I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die." Then after these three hammer-blow statements of God's intention comes the headlines in Genesis 7:21: "Aquatic Holocaust"—"And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, birds, cattle, beasts, all swarming creatures that swarm upon the earth, and every man; everything on the dry land in whose nostrils was the breath of life died."

In a sense this is a children's story, because its lessons are plain enough for a child to understand: God hates sin and punishes unrepentant sinners. When Jesus came into the world, he taught the same thing about sin, only he made the punishment eternal. Matthew 18:8, "If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire." God's flood and God's Son teach the same lesson: God hates sin and punishes unrepentant sinners with unspeakable judgment.

3. God Does Not Surrender His Purposes for Man
But there is a third lesson from the flood, namely, that in spite of man's intolerable sinfulness God does not surrender his purpose in creating man. God created man in his image and aims for man to fill the earth with God's glory reflected in man's faith and righteousness. Therefore, he preserves one righteous man and his family and gives him the duty and blessing of filling the earth again. Notice how Genesis 9:1 is the same mission given to Adam in 1:28: "God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.'" In verse 7 the command is repeated: "And you be fruitful and multiply, bring forth abundantly on the earth and multiply in it."

God is prepared to start over with a new "Adam." But this time the beginning is not in paradise. So the new "Adam" must reckon with three real threats against him and his mission to fill the earth: a threat from animals, a threat from man, and threat from God. So God makes three special provisions to protect the life of man in the new world where sin and corruption will again soon abound.

God Gives New Rights over Animals

First, God gives to man new rights over the animals so that they will not threaten him but serve him even as food. Genesis 9:2–3 says, "The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the air and upon everything that creeps on the ground and the fish of the sea; into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything." So God supports man in his mission to fill the earth with the knowledge of his glory by removing the threat of animals: man now has the right to put them in dread and even use them for food.

God Makes Provision to Restrain Murder

Second, God gives man a portion of the divine prerogative to take human life and thus guard society against murder. The mission to fill the earth is threatened by men as well as animals. Hence verses 5–6: "For your lifeblood I will surely require a reckoning; of every beast I will require it and of man; of every man's brother I will require the life of man. Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image." Before the flood God kept for himself the whole prerogative to take life. You recall God threatened sevenfold vengeance on anyone who slays Cain, even though Cain was a murderer (4:15). But now God makes a provision for murder to be at least partly restrained by man. He makes murder a capital offense.

Man is created in God's image. God's purpose is that people in his image fill the earth with his glory. Therefore, when a man presumes to snuff out the potential of that glory, he attacks God in such a way that his own execution by men becomes a part of God's purpose. Later on God reveals some of the practical legal implications of this (e.g., Romans 13:1–6); but here the point is that a special provision is made by God to protect his mission from the threat of men.

God Makes a Covenant with Noah

Finally, there is the threat from God himself. How shall the earth ever be filled with his glory if his wrath overflows again in a flood against sin? To protect men against this threat God makes a covenant with Noah and his sons in Genesis 9:11, "I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of a flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth." The same promise is stated positively in Genesis 8:22, "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease." In other words, I give you protection from the animals, I give you protection from man, and in my own covenant promise I give you protection from me. I will uphold rather than destroy the natural world processes on which you depend for life. As long as the world lasts, I will withhold universal judgment like this and preserve the order of creation.

These, then, are the three lessons of the flood:

the wickedness of man is very great and his heart is full of evil continually;
God hates sin, his patience has an end, and he destroys unrepentant sinners,
yet God does not surrender his purpose in creation to fill the earth with men and women who reflect his glory in their faith and obedience.
The Epilogue to the Story of the Flood
But notice what this implies. Sin is just as much a problem after the flood as before. The flood of judgment did not eradicate sin; the covenant of grace did not guarantee righteousness. If God's purpose was to fill the earth with the glory of his righteousness, then we must conclude one of two things: God is a failure, or God is preparing for something greater in the future. God is not a failure! And therefore the New Testament writers see the flood as a foreshadowing of the final judgment with fire (2 Peter 3:5–7), and the ark as a foreshadowing of final salvation (1 Peter 3:20–21), and the days of Noah as typical of the last days before the coming of the Son of Man (Matthew 24:37ff.). The story of Noah and the flood is incomplete in itself. God still hates sin and no remedy was found. The story cries out for an epilogue.

And there is a final clue in the story about the epilogue to come. It's found in Genesis 8:20. At the end of the flood and before God had made his covenant, "Noah built an altar to the Lord and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And when the Lord smelled the pleasing odor, the Lord said in his heart, 'I will never again curse the ground because of man.'" God's gracious covenant with Noah was a response to a pure sacrifice. Is not this, too, a foreshadowing that God, who must find a remedy for sin, will find it in another greater sacrifice, namely, the sacrifice of his Son?

There is an epilogue to this story, and it begins with advent. The final remedy for sin has been found. As Hebrews 9:26 says, "Christ appeared once for all at the end of the age to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." God still hates sin. We are still sinful. But God will never surrender his purpose to fill the earth with his glory. The final remedy is Jesus Christ. So come to him this advent season and discover the purpose for which you were made.

Added note: For further study notice how the Noahic covenant is used to give certainty to God's other promises (Jeremiah 31:36; 33:17–26; Isaiah 54:9; 2 Peter 2:5; 3:5–7).

John Piper (@JohnPiper) is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. For 33 years, he served as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist, and most recently Expository Exultation: Christian Preaching as Worship.
Current Favorite Song: https://youtu.be/8v_KFHnPImY

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Must the Moral Law Have a Lawgiver? A GREAT READ!! [View all] , Case_One, Mon Nov-19-18 03:33 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
*colin powell*
Nov 19th 2018
^^ Classic OKP. I accept.
Nov 19th 2018
      Haha
Nov 19th 2018
           I have to use a Text to Speech Voice Reader to get though this.
Nov 19th 2018
"to the person who has walked with God..."
Nov 19th 2018
They make god sound like he wearing clarks wallabees
Nov 19th 2018
So, that's where you want to hang your hat of protest?
Nov 19th 2018
      There's a hook every few lines.
Nov 19th 2018
      Logical fallacies are a great starting point.
Nov 22nd 2018
That's a long read.. haven't finished it yet
Nov 19th 2018
My problem with these types of articles are
Nov 19th 2018
Hey, I amd willing to dialog with you about a few of your questions.
Nov 20th 2018
Forbidden Tree Response
Nov 21st 2018
One Way to enter Heaven
Nov 21st 2018
Why did Jesus die on the cross?
Nov 21st 2018
      Because he fucked up when he made us, according to the story
Nov 22nd 2018
      because Constantine had his people declare that he did
Nov 25th 2018
      Here you go, Pick a resource to help you with understanding
Nov 27th 2018
           I understand it just fine, but thank you
Nov 27th 2018
                Just giving you facts not a False message
Nov 28th 2018
                     facts can be proven with concrete evidence
Dec 08th 2018
      Thank you for sharing the videos/replies
Nov 26th 2018
           And there is nothing wrong with wrestling with Theological or Spiritual-
Nov 27th 2018
This implies morality is not a social construct
Nov 19th 2018
RE: This implies morality is not a social construct
Nov 19th 2018
why should that make a difference either way?
Nov 24th 2018
      Oh I think it would absolutely make a difference
Nov 24th 2018
      I'm using social construct as distinct from natural law
Nov 25th 2018
           There's nothing to suggest a law giver for gravity or thermodynamics eit...
Nov 25th 2018
                I don't disagree
Nov 25th 2018
FYI, your Boy Jamal Bryant taking over at New Birth!
Nov 20th 2018
You know I already knew this. Yougood!
Nov 20th 2018
You must first prove the existence of said lawgiver.
Nov 21st 2018
From which god we derive our morality? Certainly not the biblical god.
Nov 22nd 2018
Further, it's funny how morality changes over time, with the times.
Nov 22nd 2018
LMAO Gotta love presupositional apologetics.
Nov 22nd 2018
RE: Must the Moral Law Have a Lawgiver? A GREAT READ!!
Nov 22nd 2018
The issue is there is no good evidence that any god exists.
Nov 22nd 2018
      Only a FOOL says there is no God!!!!!
Nov 23rd 2018
           Whoever says, thou fool, is in danger of hell fire.
Nov 23rd 2018
                RE: Whoever says, thou fool, is in danger of hell fire.
Nov 23rd 2018
                     I individual reasons why we quoted the bible are immaterial, however...
Nov 23rd 2018
                     so lazy.
Nov 24th 2018
                          So misinformed
Nov 24th 2018
                               ...what do you think the word "informed" means?
Nov 24th 2018
                               It came from God so it can be quoted.
May 17th 2019
                               How is it that you view your god as moral? Is it the child murder?
Nov 24th 2018
                                    You should’ve let my reply sink into your simple mind a bit more.
May 17th 2019
RE: Must the Moral Law Have a Lawgiver? BETTER QUESTION
Nov 25th 2018
Considering that societal progress correlates to decreased religion, no
Nov 25th 2018
      RE: Considering that societal progress correlates to decreased religion,...
Nov 26th 2018
I liked the article even though I don't agree with it
Nov 25th 2018
“Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told...
Nov 27th 2018
Firt they have to demonstrate that a "moral lawgiver" exists
Nov 27th 2018
      Where is the light in telling slaves to obey their masters?
Nov 27th 2018
The Light has come into the world, but men loved the darkness -
Nov 27th 2018
Where is the light in accepting child sacrifice for answering a prayer?
Nov 27th 2018
Does the light exist or not?
Nov 27th 2018
      Why can't you answer the question?
Nov 27th 2018
           Why can't you answer the question?
Nov 27th 2018
                Because your (loaded) or question is irrelevant to my question
Nov 27th 2018
                     RE: Because your (loaded) or question is irrelevant to my question
Nov 27th 2018
                          So god accepted that child as a sacrifice, yes?
Nov 27th 2018
                          You're assuming that God Required the action.
Nov 27th 2018
                               the story ends with "he fulfilled his vow"
Nov 27th 2018
                                    Here for Proper Context. His Daughter asked him to fulfill the vow
Nov 27th 2018
                                         And god accepted this, yes?
Nov 27th 2018
                                              Again, God didn't require her death so there was noting to accept.
Nov 27th 2018
                                                   Requirement has zero to do with whether he accepted the offer
Nov 27th 2018
                                                        A requirement has everything to do with what God wants.
Nov 27th 2018
                                                             Note that you said nothing about whether or not the sacrifice was accept...
Nov 27th 2018
                                                                  Do you understand that I God didn't ask for a sacrifice from Jephthah
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                       That's irrelevant. The sacrifice was made. Did your god accept it?
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                            You understand English.
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                                 A response that does not answer the actual question
Nov 29th 2018
                          So... "the light" is a philosophical abstraction, yes?
Nov 27th 2018
                               No. It's not.
Nov 27th 2018
                                    Prove it. Skip the word salad and prove it.
Nov 27th 2018
                                         You prove that it's not. You can't. SO there it is.
Nov 27th 2018
                                              soon as you prove you don't eat live puppies and fuck dead armadillos
Nov 27th 2018
                                                   Talk about a Word Salad ^^
Nov 27th 2018
                                                        To the contrary. I illustrated the flaw in your question.
Nov 27th 2018
                                                             Nope. You came in with all the answers, so the burden is yours
Nov 27th 2018
                                                                  RE: Nope. You came in with all the answers, so the burden is yours
Nov 28th 2018
Where is the light in demanding the murder of women and children?
Nov 27th 2018
No reply to this one? Surely those tap shoes can handle this, yes?
Nov 27th 2018
The light of God, the TRUTH, is it the Knowledge of God
Nov 27th 2018
      That doesn't answer the question, Taps
Nov 27th 2018
Where is the light in destroying a devoted followers life to win a bet w...
Nov 27th 2018
Win a bet?
Nov 27th 2018
      Stop being obtuse.
Nov 27th 2018
           What was the bet and with who?
Nov 27th 2018
                Gotta love tapdancing theists
Nov 27th 2018
                     Explain yourself
Nov 27th 2018
                          You know who I'm talking about, Tappy
Nov 27th 2018
                               Again, you have nothing. Thanks for making this post Bang!
Nov 27th 2018
                                    Play dumb all you want lmao
Nov 27th 2018
                                         Your last gasp.
Nov 27th 2018
                                              Riiiigght. I'll give you the benefit of assuming you're merely *playing...
Nov 27th 2018
Where's the light in fucking a man's wife, killing him,
Nov 27th 2018
      Did the Light of God F' a man's wife, kill him or did David do that?
Nov 27th 2018
           That man after gods own heart did that, among other atrocities
Nov 27th 2018
                So a man with free will that loves God did something wrong.
Nov 27th 2018
                     Repent? So was that his final atrocity?
Nov 27th 2018
                          You must not understand what the Light of God is.
Nov 27th 2018
                               Please explain this light.
Nov 27th 2018
                                    RE: Please explain this light.
Nov 27th 2018
                                         So.... word salad?
Nov 27th 2018
What light exists in murdering the first born of an entire nation?
Nov 27th 2018
I got one Better. God flooded the earth and Killed Everything
Nov 27th 2018
      Gotta love your phrasing. Everything? Try every ONE. You know, people.
Nov 27th 2018
           The Same Powerful God that created all, destroyed all.
Nov 27th 2018
                Yes, and where is the good morality of genocide?
Nov 27th 2018

Tappity tap tap tap. So genocide is morally good if god does it, yes?
Nov 27th 2018
                          Here ya Go Buddy. I like the way Ravi Zacharias says it,
Nov 27th 2018
                               That's not evidence for anything.
Nov 27th 2018
                                    Is there evidence of good?
Nov 27th 2018
                     Oh snap, a BAR!!!!
Nov 27th 2018
                          :D though, I'd say I've got several in here.
Nov 27th 2018
ColdTruth, since you've renounced God, why do you care?
Nov 27th 2018
Because your religion is poison.
Nov 27th 2018
      ^ preach ! (pun intended)
Nov 28th 2018
      Where do you get your Moral Standard from?
Nov 30th 2018
           That book already exists. I believe it's called "The Bible".
Nov 30th 2018
                Where do you get your Moral Standard?
Dec 01st 2018
This escalated quickly
Nov 27th 2018
And for no reason. It’s my fault.
Nov 27th 2018
      False.
Nov 27th 2018
           The Church is not a building therefor the place is anytime and anyplace
Nov 28th 2018
                Except there's no evidence your god is anything more than a character in...
Nov 28th 2018
                     RE: Except there's no evidence your god is anything more than a characte...
Nov 28th 2018
                          I'm asking you to account for your assertions with evidence.
Nov 28th 2018
                               You're talking in circles
Nov 28th 2018
                                    how can he hate something that
Nov 28th 2018
                                    I’ve given plenty of answers
Nov 29th 2018
                                         you don't see the irony in
Nov 29th 2018
                                         There is a lot of history here beyond today
Nov 29th 2018
                                              This cute. You don't realize you're on some Hannib Lecter shit
Nov 29th 2018
                                                   Sig worthy "You don't realize you're on some Hannib Lecter shit"
Nov 29th 2018
                                                        I pulled a Case One, sue me. At least I didn't arbitrarily capitalize ra...
Nov 29th 2018
                                                             Tell me where do you get your morals from?
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                  Stop deflecting. Answer the questions. How did you rule out all other go...
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                       Tell me where do you get your morals from?
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                            Certainly not from the book where god demands genocide
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                 Stop evading the question
Nov 30th 2018
                                         You provided responses, not answers.
Nov 29th 2018
                                              A response is an answer
Nov 29th 2018
                                                   As usual, you stopped reading at the part you thought proved your posit...
Nov 29th 2018
                                                        Man you are reaching for the Stars.
Nov 29th 2018

Nov 29th 2018
                                                                  Give me a word that has a definition that I don't agree with
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                       I already pointed out the definition.
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                            No you didn't. You gave a homemade concept
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                 This part of the discussion was about the definition of the word answer
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                      You tried to debate the difference between "Response and Answer"
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                      If the question is "one plus one equals what?", "two" is an answer.
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                      Dude. I have answered you may times
Nov 30th 2018
                                    No, I'm exposing your snake ass tendencies, layer by layer.
Nov 29th 2018
                                         Thanks for your Opinions. I'm glad that you stopped to share
Nov 29th 2018
                                              This isn't binary. There are other god concepts apart from your own
Nov 29th 2018
                                                   There are many gods but only one Lord GOD - Yahweh
Nov 29th 2018
                                                        Atheism is the lack of belief in a god or gods. And you don't believe in...
Nov 29th 2018
                                                             LOL. You don't even know what an Athiest is
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                  Do you believe on Vishnu? Yes or no. Set? Yes or No. Odin? Yes or no.
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                       I have given you the world's known and accepted definition of Atheism
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                            So, again: how did you rule out Odin, Zeus, Nun, Set, and every other Go...
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                                 Atheism is ---
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                                      Answer the question. How did you rule out Odin, Set, Etc?
Nov 29th 2018
                                                                                           You must not understand what Atheism means.
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                           Explain how you ruled out other every god but the one you happen to beli...
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                           What's the definition of Atheism?
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                           Stop diverting. How did you rule out Quetzalcoatl
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                                           "What's the definition of Atheism?"
Nov 30th 2018
This thread is like dude who tried to go to the island
Nov 29th 2018
How? He went where he was told not to go - sadly he died
Nov 29th 2018
      Name the "some".
Nov 29th 2018
      Do you feel some kind of a way about "some"?
Nov 29th 2018
           Name the folks, Tapper John.
Nov 29th 2018
                No. You can read for yourself.
Nov 29th 2018
                     Someone has to tell you what is and isn't real.
Nov 29th 2018
                          Let me say it this way for you to say
Nov 29th 2018
                               Save your superstition. Name the folks who didnt discuss the topic.
Nov 29th 2018
                                    You read it all. I'm good.
Nov 29th 2018
                                         No. Stop running, diverting, stretching. And twisting. Name names.
Nov 29th 2018
                                              You can read the entire thread and see the names
Nov 30th 2018
                                                   Name names.
Nov 30th 2018
                                                   Just admit that you were incorrect.
Nov 30th 2018
                                                        About what?
Nov 30th 2018
                                                             You said some don't want to discuss the article. I asked you to name nam...
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                  Stop being Lazy. You can read and see for yourself
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                       Substantiate your claim. This should be extremely simple.
Nov 30th 2018
                                                                            Then you can't see.
Dec 01st 2018
      Dude throwing spears at you.. lol
Nov 30th 2018
           I suppose that's one way to describe challenging the premise of the post
Nov 30th 2018
           Yeah, but they're made of Asparagus
Nov 30th 2018
Classic
May 15th 2019

Lobby General Discussion topic #13298203 Previous topic | Next topic