Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13256558

Subject: "I voted for you but dont come to my funeral (c) John McCain (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
houston_hardhead
Member since Jan 24th 2010
550 posts
Mon May-07-18 05:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I voted for you but dont come to my funeral (c) John McCain (swipe)"

you made sure you got that vote in before you start making these "maverick" requests huh? fk.outta here. clown...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccain-not-wanting-trump-funeral-142337409.html

McCain Not Wanting Trump at His Funeral Is 'a Real Moment for the Country,' Jake Tapper Says

T.marcin
,Newsweek•May 7, 2018
CNN host Jake Tapper took a minute to reflect this weekend on the reported news that Arizona Senator John McCain, who is suffering from an aggressive form of brain cancer, expressed that he would not want President Donald Trump at his funeral, preferring that Vice President Mike Pence attend instead.

"I want to change the subject just for one second, which is Senator John McCain is obviously in Arizona and is recuperating and is trying to heal from his battle with cancer. Obviously, everyone here, Senator—I know you watch a lot of CNN—everyone here is pulling for you," Tapper said on-air, via a clip posted to Mediaite. "The tension between him and Donald Trump has come up both in book that's been released and the things he's saying in this new book. But also there are questions about—and this has been reported in The New York Times and elsewhere—that the plan would be to have Mike Pence be the one to honor Senator McCain in the hopefully long, long, long from now event of his demise. This is a real moment for the country where an American hero, somebody who is beloved in many, many ways, is saying 'I don’t want this guy at my funeral.'"

In the New York Times piece referenced by Tapper, it was reported that close associates of McCain "have informed the White House that their current plan for his funeral is for Vice President Mike Pence to attend the service to be held in Washington's National Cathedral but not President Trump," since the two have had a strained relationship at best.

Trump famously said of McCain, who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam—two of which were in solitary confinement—that he wasn't a war hero, and he liked "people who weren't captured."

In the CNN clip posted by Mediaite, meanwhile, Representative Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.) expressed his admiration for McCain.

"Senator McCain is known for being honest—just the opposite of Donald Trump—and frank. When someone would come up with something negative about President Obama, he corrected them. And so I wouldn't expect anything to be different for Mr. McCain, Senator McCain, now," Meeks said. "He is not going to be a hypocrite. He does not believe Donald Trump represents the kind of moral authority the president of the United States should represent for our country."

The 81-year-old McCain, who was the 2008 Republican nominee for president, wrote openly about his health struggles in his latest book.

"I don't know how much longer I'll be here. Maybe I'll have another five years, maybe with the advances in oncology they'll find new treatments for my cancer that will extend my life," McCain said in a clip of him reading from his book aired by NPR. "Maybe I'll be gone before you hear this; my predicament is, well, rather unpredictable. But I'm prepared for either contingency, or at least I'm getting prepared."

---------------------------------

So i'm smokin on this cactus, bangin Fat Patrick
hustla til i die baby grindin like a savage
pimp game sweet, breakin ankles and feet
cuz these hoes break they toes til they job complete

H-Town made L.A. paid

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I voted for you but dont come to my funeral (c) John McCain (swipe) [View all] , houston_hardhead, Mon May-07-18 05:01 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
McCain, the REPUBLICAN from Arizona voted with the republicans?
May 07th 2018
This is basically where i stand as well.
May 07th 2018
nooope.....dont come with all the integrity now nigga...fk that
May 07th 2018
Did he vote for him?
May 07th 2018
negro please... people that get captured aint war heroes..
May 07th 2018
you can't get out the car
May 07th 2018
      Lol
May 07th 2018
      Comedy!
May 07th 2018
politics isn't teams. it seems that way because people like mccain
May 07th 2018
one word John.... Palin. now GTFOOHWTBS... peace.
May 07th 2018
Why are people quoting Jake Trapper as if he is some moral voice of reas...
May 07th 2018
Trump the type of nigga that's gonna show up now that he said not to
May 07th 2018
Yep. Just off spite.
May 07th 2018
We know Melania's always down
May 07th 2018

Lobby General Discussion topic #13256558 Previous topic | Next topic