Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13247972

Subject: "My coworker will. Not. Shut. Thee. Fuck. Up. About her kid and her dogs" Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44861 posts
Wed Apr-04-18 09:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"My coworker will. Not. Shut. Thee. Fuck. Up. About her kid and her dogs"
Wed Apr-04-18 09:35 PM by Cold Truth

She talks about them all day, every day, or at least as often as she is free to talk at a call center.

She shows me videos of her dogs doing.... I dunno. Dog stuff, I guess. Just being dogs. Two minute videos of them simply fucking existing. Wagging their tails an shit. I have to be careful saying anything about my kids because she'll spend five minutes babbling about her fucking dogs and the cutest things they did, like it's remotely similar.

But that's not the worst of it. She talks about her kid constantly. For the first few months next to her, she'd talk about how cute it was when he'd cook for her. She'd say spend five minutes talking about him hurting his finger. She ranted and raved about a $300 phone bill because sent a gazillion texts to girls one month, and how, one day, I'll go the same thing. Then she told me how cute it was when she came home and he was cooking for two girls.

So after two months or so she commented on how I dont have pictures of my kids. So I showed her a couple pics from my phone. She's if I want to see "my Devin" (sic).

I say sure. She hands me her phone and I see a fucking 30 year old man staring back at me. I don't mean he's a big kid. I'm not being facetious. He's a Grown. Ass. Man.

I thought he was 15-16, tops. Early on I thought he was about 10, but further context clues lead me to conclude he was a teenager. But no. He's almost as old as me. And she talks about him like he's a goddamn 5th grader. Meanwhile, I'm staring into the eyes of a tall, square-jawed adult while his mommy gushes over the most minute bullshit he did that day.

I swear by all that is good in this world, if she shows up asking me to by almond milk chocolate bars for this motherfucker, I'm going to snap. The dog nonsense is fucking annoying, but talking about your grown, failure to launch ass son in terms that consistently indicate that he's an actual child is maddening.

For a minute I wondered if he had a mental disability or something, because a friend called me a judgmental dick for being irritated by the revelation he was an adult, so I started asking some questions to get me clues and by all accounts, he's just a regular adult living with mom. She started calling him her man child after i asked a few too many questions, and I get the impression that they're both a bit codependent.

Whew. It felt great to get that off my chest.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My coworker will. Not. Shut. Thee. Fuck. Up. About her kid and her dogs [View all] , Cold Truth, Wed Apr-04-18 09:27 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I make it known i don't like animals
Apr 04th 2018
I'm *thisclose* to saying "they both look delicious!".
Apr 04th 2018
      I went to my friend's place to watch SummerSlam last year
Apr 05th 2018
           Yeah, the food and hat/jacket cracks are usually unwelcome
Apr 05th 2018
Do you have to talk to her?
Apr 05th 2018
you mean 30 months old right?
Apr 05th 2018
Years. He's either 28 or 29. I don't remember which
Apr 05th 2018
      she needs to realize it's over
Apr 05th 2018
This is an opportunity to understand you don't relate but not be a dick
Apr 05th 2018
I'm not a dick to her, hence the mocking post here
Apr 05th 2018
people who refer to their dogs at their "kids" are even worse.
Apr 05th 2018
LMAO. That's downright awesome.
Apr 05th 2018
      It was SO creepy.
Apr 05th 2018
           bruh I was at a sports bar watching the game
Apr 05th 2018
how do you rack up a $300 bill from texting in 2018
Apr 05th 2018
I actually don't think it was from texting
Apr 05th 2018
Her son and dog might be the two shining stars in her world