Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13049356

Subject: "When somebody says "to make a long story short" and then " Previous topic | Next topic
veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Jul-26-16 06:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"When somebody says "to make a long story short" and then "
Tue Jul-26-16 06:52 PM by veritas

Proceeds on to tell a long ass fuckin story.

Man that drives me nuts.

After you say "long story short" you got three paragraphs MAX. Otherwise you just sold me bill of goods and didn't live up to your end of the bargain. At that point I don't even give a shit what happened in the story I'm just mad at you for lying to me.

And whenever you call someone on this bullshit it's always the same goddam response: "well it could have been a lot longer!"

SO??!! I don't give a damn how long the story could have been I care that you lied to me about how you were gonna make it short. There's a reason there ain't a damn expression that's "to make a long story somewhat less long" because you should have the goddam self editing ability to do that to begin with!

i still blame hip-hop.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

When somebody says "to make a long story short" and then [View all] , veritas, Tue Jul-26-16 06:52 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Three paragraphs... nah... to the end of that sentence
Jul 26th 2016
I can get along with this.
Jul 26th 2016
i keep it real and say "to make a long story longer..."
Jul 26th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13049356 Previous topic | Next topic