Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13019941

Subject: "Budweiser rebrands itself as ‘America’ for the summer" Previous topic | Next topic
justin_scott
Charter member
19864 posts
Wed May-11-16 04:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Budweiser rebrands itself as ‘America’ for the summer"

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/budweiser-rebrands-itself-as-america-for-the-summer-151207717.html
Here’s some bad news for anyone looking to kick back with a cold Budweiser and forget about the presidential election this summer. Starting May 23, the King of Beers will relabel its cans and bottles with the word “America” to remind beer drinkers nationwide that “America is in Your Hands.”

According to a press release from Budweiser’s St. Louis-based brewer, Anheuser-Busch (which has been owned by the Belgian company InBev since 2008), the patriotic packaging — which also will include lines from “America the Beautiful” and the Pledge of Allegiance — is aimed at inspiring drinkers “to celebrate America and Budweiser’s shared values of freedom and authenticity.”

New billboards, television spots, digital advertisements and other marketing tools will feature the star-spangled bottles and cans. And while it will launch just in time for what Budweiser Vice President Ricardo Marques called “the most patriotic summer that this generation has ever seen,” the “America is in Your Hands” campaign will continue through the presidential election this November. From May 23 through mid-September, Budweiser will also sell cans and bottles with the Statue of Liberty’s torch emblazoned on the label.

“Budweiser has always strived to embody America in a bottle, and we’re honored to salute this great nation where our beer has been passionately brewed for the past 140 years,” Marques said.

Not everyone is taking the campaign quite so seriously, however. Budweiser’s announcement quickly made the rounds on social media Tuesday morning, prompting plenty of jokes about the beer’s new summer look.

Silly as the campaign may seem, New York Magazine’s Grub Street blog noted that it could also help Budweiser promote the fact that its beer is actually brewed in the United States.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Budweiser rebrands itself as ‘America’ for the summer [View all] , justin_scott, Wed May-11-16 04:14 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Budweiser isn't nor has it ever been American tho
May 11th 2016
stop makin' sense.
May 11th 2016
Wrong Budweiser
May 11th 2016
      was hopin he was joking
May 11th 2016
      Maybe he meant it currently isn't an American owned company
May 12th 2016
           accept for the "nor has it ever been" part
May 12th 2016
                *except
May 12th 2016
                     Say bruh, do yalls except food stamps?
May 12th 2016
                     good lookin...that's what I get for rushing to make a zinger
May 12th 2016
      I tell ya, Facts be slaying'em
May 12th 2016
trump gon win smh
May 11th 2016
it's the "perfect beer for removing "no" from your vocabulary for the ni...
May 11th 2016
"get wasted off 'murica"
May 11th 2016
"America is in your hands. And your bladder."
May 11th 2016
with the rise of craft beer among young folks...
May 11th 2016
I felt like they were trying push a 'craftier' version of Bud
May 11th 2016
I think I remember something like that too
May 11th 2016
American Ale and I think they they did some limited editions
May 11th 2016
I think it's wild AB-InBev owns Goose Island
May 11th 2016
They re-did the art on Bud Light cans to attract craft drinkers
May 11th 2016
i mean, it is smart
May 11th 2016
disgusting...i hope M.A.D.D. protests
May 11th 2016
Budweiser is making everything red, white and blue — and great again. ...
May 11th 2016
AB is the biggest drug dealer in the world so this is perfect
May 12th 2016
I can't tell if this is subtle jab at Trump, Subtley pro-trump
May 12th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13019941 Previous topic | Next topic