Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12996799

Subject: "The Roots Pull Out Of David Bowie Tribute Citing 'Bitchassness'" Previous topic | Next topic
rdhull
Charter member
33145 posts
Thu Mar-31-16 12:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Roots Pull Out Of David Bowie Tribute Citing 'Bitchassness'"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7318016/roots-pull-out-david-bowie-tribute-bitchassness

The all-star David Bowie tributes slated for New York's Carnegie Hall and Radio City Music Hall tonight (March 31) and Friday night, respectively, will be a few artists short after the Roots unexpectedly pulled out of the gig on Wednesday night.

Their reason? "Bitchassness." Let Roots drummer Questlove explain. "Mood. I've never been so insecure or petty as to deny a fellow musician use of ANY of my equipment (or my band's equipment----or resources or contacts or knowledge or ANYTHING) it angers me when that same courtesy is not reciprocated," he wrote in a lengthy Instagam post in which he announced that his band, as well as Bilal, Kimbra, Wendy Melvoin, DD Jackson and Ray Angry would not be participating in either night's show.

The post from the typically unapologetic musical superfan ended with the bitter kiss-off "enjoy your precious equipment," without going into details about what the gear issue was. If you're interested in watching "The Music of David Bowie" show you can stream it on the event's website and check out sets from Blondie, the Pixies, the Flaming Lips, Michael Stipe, J Mascis, Jakob Dylan, Rickie Lee Jones, Perry Farrell, Cat Power and a many others.

At press time the Roots were still listed on the show's official website and a spokesperson for promoter Michael Dorf Presents could not be reached for comment.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

The Roots Pull Out Of David Bowie Tribute Citing 'Bitchassness' [View all] , rdhull, Thu Mar-31-16 12:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I believed bitchassedness is the proper nomenclature.
Mar 31st 2016
RE: I believed bitchassedness is the proper nomenclature.
Mar 31st 2016
bitchassery?
Apr 01st 2016
http://www.therundown.tv/wp-content/photos/diddybitchass_031909.jpg
Mar 31st 2016
      sorry but diddy lost all cred after i'll be missing you
Apr 01st 2016
LOL shit now I'm wondering who the bitchassness was perpetrated
Mar 31st 2016
Doenst that article quote the promoter as saying Holy Holy
Mar 31st 2016
My money is on Wayne Coyne being the offender
Mar 31st 2016
huh. good call
Mar 31st 2016
"...my GRANmama gave me that drum set...."
Mar 31st 2016
ah, thought it might be the pedophilia
Mar 31st 2016
Apr 01st 2016
RE: The Roots Pull Out Of David Bowie Tribute Citing 'Bitchassness'
Mar 31st 2016
I bet the beef involves the pixies.
Apr 01st 2016
Are there any black folk left on the bill? Reminded of MTV bowie clip
Mar 31st 2016
wait...so they pulled out cause somebody wouldnt let him use their kit?
Apr 01st 2016
nah, he's got a point
Apr 01st 2016
      but who's being the diva?
Apr 02nd 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #12996799 Previous topic | Next topic