Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12941207

Subject: "Do you dine at Buffets?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cam
Charter member
13288 posts
Wed Dec-09-15 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you dine at Buffets?"
Wed Dec-09-15 01:13 PM by Cam

I boycotted them for years, for petty reasons, now I go to a Brazilian Steak House bi-annually. I prepare for that trip, a day in advance, to make room. On the menu, I might try the little weird bits--like 1 chicken heart, but just one bite--and I'll request the gaucho to bring better cuts of meat, instead of the over abundant rotation of the various chicken selections. I also stay away from all of the starches that they try to slick you into filling up on, claiming it culturally incorrect if you don't eat those "palate cleansing" mashed potatoes and plantains and all that cheese-bread (which is hard because it's mixed with more/better crack-rocks than RL's cheddar Bay Biscuits).

What about you?

Also, do you use Quora? Don't...it's more addictive than Youtube wormholes.
But, based on my limited understanding of the economics and despite my 0 restaurant experience...I'm in here thinking I can open my own all-you-can-eat restaurant, based on this thread...
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-economics-of-all-you-can-eat-buffets

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Do you dine at Buffets? [View all] , Cam, Wed Dec-09-15 12:45 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
or
Dec 09th 2015
They send me a list of questions like every two days
Dec 09th 2015
So does it work like Stack Exchange?
Dec 09th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12941207 Previous topic | Next topic