Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12841460

Subject: "Do you have friends who are in la la land and not realistic at all?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49540 posts
Mon Jun-29-15 01:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you have friends who are in la la land and not realistic at all?"
Mon Jun-29-15 01:45 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

Like you talk to them and say things like "I think I am going to spend the summer in Dubai" and you know they don't have money for a bus pass?

I was talking to my dude about Cars and dude said with a straight face he was thinking of copping the Telsa and the dude's current car is a 2000 Civic?

I feel like it's a very new york thing. Like sure everyone knows people who front but NYC has the right (or wrong) mixture of super wealthy people, creatives and super ambitious people where people think they are suppose to say (or can get away with saying) that they are thinking of getting a midtown penthouse crib (that goes for a couple of million). heard that dropped yesterday.

And I am not just talking about the person who is full of it and is frontin. I am also talking about the semi-delusional who in their hearts of hearts really think things are about to be poppin and they can do all these things.

Do people know folks like this or do I just happen to be around alot of crazy people? Where part of their five year plan is winning American Idol (or the Voice, they can't decide which one).

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Do you have friends who are in la la land and not realistic at all? [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Jun-29-15 01:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I got a kid like that
Jun 29th 2015
RE: Do you have friends who are in la la land and not realistic at all?
Jun 29th 2015
You can only keep it up for sooo long.
Jun 29th 2015
      Sounds par for the course for ATL
Jun 29th 2015
           jury duty for a week on a FED mortgage fraud case
Jun 29th 2015
my wife has a friend who pulled up in a Benz
Jun 29th 2015
"2 months later the transmission blew up" Was it an old Benz?
Jun 29th 2015
      Ionno, it wasnt that old. Justt found it odd that 2 months later it blew...
Jun 29th 2015
Hey, let folks dream and then support their dreams with positive affrima...
Jun 29th 2015
That's more a performative utterances rather than a positive affrimatio...
Jun 29th 2015
      Why you trying to be a dream killer.
Jun 29th 2015
yup i got a slew of them in my inner circle. We're called knick fans.
Jun 29th 2015
lol
Jun 29th 2015
Only Bin.
Jun 29th 2015
A dude I know hasn't had a car in AT LEAST 6-8 years. 38 years old.
Jun 29th 2015
lol
Jun 29th 2015
'you ain't gotta lie to kick it, my nigga. you ain't gotta try so hard....
Jun 29th 2015
i sure do!
Jun 29th 2015
But doesn't it get hard having a straight face conversation with them?
Jun 30th 2015
      i engage until i can't and then i just listen until they run out of stea...
Jun 30th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12841460 Previous topic | Next topic