Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12690705

Subject: "nyc! spoiled 30yo prettyboy kills millionaire pops over lowered allowanc..." Previous topic | Next topic
_explain555
Member since Oct 15th 2009
1412 posts
Tue Jan-06-15 01:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"nyc! spoiled 30yo prettyboy kills millionaire pops over lowered allowanc..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2896705/Son-arrested-multimillionaire-hedge-fund-father-dies-shooting-New-York-home.html#ixzz2sWQUxhhL

Killed for cutting his 30-year-old son's allowance?

A 30-year-old Princeton graduate, who allegedly shot dead his multimillionaire hedge-funder father, was upset that his weekly allowance had been cut back, according to published reports.
Tommy Gilbert Jr, a former pupil of Manhattan's most prestigious private schools, was being questioned by police on Monday after 70-year-old Thomas Gilbert Sr, founder of $200 million hedge fund Wainscott Capital, was found with a gunshot wound to the head.
A source told the New York Daily News that Mr Gilbert Sr had cut back Tommy's weekly allowance to $300 and threatened to stop paying his rent.
Gilbert Jr lives in a one-bedroom apartment in Chelsea where, according to listings, guarantors were accepted on the $2,400-a-month rent.

The Ivy Leaguer, who was a regular fixture at Manhattan's black-tie benefits with society beauties on his arm, reportedly slipped past the doorman and into his parents' building shortly before the attack at 3.30pm on Sunday.
According to The New York Post, Gilbert Jr went to his parents' eighth-floor apartment and asked his mother to leave to get him a sandwich.
The father and son were discussing 'differences in their relationship', according to The Wall Street Journal.
Gilbert Sr's wife Shelley, 67, found her husband dead in the bedroom within minutes of the alleged attack and called 911, police said.
According to a Daily News report, he had the gun on his chest in an alleged attempt to make it look like suicide.
Gilbert Jr was then seen walking out of the building in Manhattan's Turtle Bay area covering his face with a hoodie around 3.35pm, the New York Daily News reported.
The 30-year-old was found in his ground-floor apartment at 10.30pm on Sunday, after he fled from his parents' home in midtown, multiple media outlets claimed, citing police sources.

Police recovered a Glock 22 .40-caliber handgun from the scene.
At 10.30pm on Sunday, Gilbert Jr was arrested without incident at his apartment after NYPD officers dressed in riot gear, chopped down the door and found him hiding inside.
He was taken to the 17th precinct in midtown.
Gilbert Jr was being questioned and has not been named a suspect, according to the NYPD. Police have not ruled out the possibility of suicide prior to a report from the city's medical examiner.
Shelley Gilbert, 67, made the 911 call after finding her husband with a gunshot wound to the head
Shelley Gilbert, 67, made the 911 call after finding her husband with a gunshot wound to the head
The NYPD have not released details of a potential motive.
A spokesperson told Daily Mail Online on Monday that the investigation was ongoing.
Gilbert Jr had a lawyer and was refusing to speak to detectives. He was expected to be charged, The New York Post reported on Monday.
Thomas Gilbert Sr started Wainscott Capital in 2011, growing the fund to a value of $200 million.
He attended Princeton and Harvard Business School before a 40-year career on Wall Street. According to Wainscott Capital's website, he had extensive knowledge of the stock market, private equity, real estate and the fixed income market.
His son, Tommy Gilbert Jr, attended The Buckley school on Manhattan's Upper East Side from kindergarten until eighth grade. Tuition costs around $35,000 a year.
Noteable alumni of the school include actor James Harder, philanthropist David Rockefeller Jr and Robert Wagner, former deputy mayor of New York.
He then went on to the $50,000-a-year Deerfield Academy in Western Massachusetts, which counts the King of Jordan and Prince of Jordan among its alumni.
After graduating from Deerfield in 2003, Gilbert Jr accepted a place at Princeton University where he graduated in 2009.
A friend told Daily Mail Online on Monday: 'He was a really nice person. He was smart, athletic and he went to Princeton.
'He took some leave of absences from Princeton which is why it took him so long to graduate. He must have been really angry to do something so out-of-character.'
A classmate, who attended Deerfield with Gilbert Jr, also said: 'Tommy was my classmate. This story is an incomprehensible tragedy. My heart goes out to the entire Gilbert family.'
Details of Gilbert Jr's profession remain unclear but he was photographed on multiple occasions at black-tie society events.
The 30-year-old was pictured in March 2014 at the School of American Ballet's winter ball with Arielle Patrick, a 2012 Princeton grad, child of Manhattan private schools and now a PR director, who sources told the Daily Mail Online that he had dated.
Miss Patrick refused to confirm whether the pair had dated on Monday.
A fellow Princeton graduate told Daily Mail Online that Gilbert Jr was a 'highly disturbed individual'. Another friend told Today that 30-year-old Gilbert Jr had become 'volatile' in recent years.
Friends in the 30-year-old's circle told Daily Mail Online that he loved surfing, was 'handsome and nice' but extremely quiet and never talked.

The family property is a $6,000-a-month rental apartment at 20 Beekman Place on 50th Street, a few blocks north of the United Nations on the east side of Manhattan.
The building's porter told the New York Daily News that Gilbert Sr was 'friendly, very nice' and a 'gentleman'.
According to the paper, the son was spotted slipping past the doorman wearing a hoodie shortly before the attack.
'I immediately got a bad vibe,' the doorman told police, according to the Daily News. 'The kid got into the elevator before I got the chance to pick up the telephone.'
A neighbor, named as Bernard, said: 'Five minutes later he comes running out covering his face with a hoodie.'
Gilbert Sr also owns a $10 million property in the Hamptons which is listed for sale at $11.5million.
The 2.5 acre property has five bedrooms, four baths, a heated pool and screened in porch and sits in one of the area's most exclusive enclaves.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

nyc! spoiled 30yo prettyboy kills millionaire pops over lowered allowanc... [View all] , _explain555, Tue Jan-06-15 01:53 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
yoo dis mfucka broke a restrainin order and burned down his boys family ...
Jan 06th 2015
oh hes going to love prison
Jan 06th 2015
lol im sure he will
Jan 06th 2015
what a lazy stupid ass muthafucker
Jan 06th 2015
dude just sounds straight up mentally unstable.
Jan 06th 2015
word. when bein spoonfed go wrong
Jan 06th 2015
People wish they could grow up in this privilege cocoon
Jan 06th 2015
yep
Jan 06th 2015
"silver spoon cupping his balls" HA!
Jan 06th 2015
1. not pretty. 2. his blk girlfriend is pretty tho
Jan 06th 2015
yeah, she's pretty
Jan 06th 2015
      Arielle Patrick...not his girlfriend
Jan 06th 2015
           She looks like she should be on Blood, Sweat and Heels
Jan 06th 2015
that entitlement didn't show up by itself
Jan 06th 2015
shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in ...
Jan 06th 2015
Pops raised a loser-ass son. Should have cut him all the way off
Jan 06th 2015
case in point...Lena Dunham nm
Jan 06th 2015
Why do THEY protect her?
Jan 07th 2015
created a monster. wonder how them fights was
Jan 06th 2015
      Couldn't, he probably blew his 300 a week an hour after the deposit clea...
Jan 07th 2015
I'll play devil's advocate. We don't know this guys story.
Jan 06th 2015
Drown the world in those tears fam.
Jan 06th 2015
ehh i feel you but mfucka couldnt find NO job by 30 wit a degree from Pr...
Jan 06th 2015
Exactly the fact that he couldn't get work makes my point
Jan 06th 2015
smh man! smallest violin playin for dude LOL. i aint in no rush to cop p...
Jan 06th 2015
      I hear brah, dude sounds terrible. I am not trying to create....
Jan 06th 2015
We don't know that he had no job
Jan 06th 2015
      He had 21 blank credit cards and a skimming device
Jan 07th 2015
true
Jan 06th 2015
yep, he didnt get this way on his own...
Jan 06th 2015
yeah. im actually surprised the details haven't emerged yet
Jan 06th 2015
the rothschild he dated
Jan 07th 2015
yup. People are so quick to inflame social media
Jan 06th 2015
Also, why do people immediately blame his parents?
Jan 07th 2015
Agreed.
Jan 07th 2015
His parents created this monster. This part tells me so :
Jan 06th 2015
That made me think of Alan in The Hangover movies, lol...
Jan 06th 2015
- what does $300 per wk buy a dude like this? *edit*
Jan 06th 2015
Yeah that part made me totally dismiss the stated reason for the
Jan 06th 2015
For all of his privilege and looks, dude had NO friends. (swipe)
Jan 06th 2015
The thing is, even if he was the biggest douche bag
Jan 06th 2015
      The ppl he grew up with are probably million & billionaires
Jan 06th 2015
      i'll be watching
Jan 07th 2015
shit whats dat movie wit eddie murphy where the rich mfuckas switch him ...
Jan 06th 2015
i feel so much sadness for his mother. prayers and strength to her.
Jan 06th 2015
His mother is saying it must have been an accident
Jan 06th 2015
      i didn't read the recent articles and am not gonna judge her..
Jan 06th 2015
One of my fears in having children is that you can raise them right
Jan 07th 2015
true
Jan 07th 2015
I'd hit that.
Jan 07th 2015
Looks like you're going to take a number now...
Jan 07th 2015
      doubtful.
Jan 07th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12690705 Previous topic | Next topic