Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13235030

Subject: "What's gonna happen with the Dreamers/DACA?" Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15895 posts
Thu Feb-15-18 06:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What's gonna happen with the Dreamers/DACA?"

Expires in a few weeks, and it's not looking like anything will save them out of congress.

There was 60 votes in the senate as late as a few days ago for a bipartisan bill. But Trump and them torpedoed it. They made the environment toxic for repubs that previously supported it to stay on board. Three Dems voted against it, but it would have failed anyways (54 for and 45 against)

Trump wants hella cuts for legal immigration and his wall. But his proposal couldn't even get a bunch of republicans on board (it fell 39 for and 60 against)

This was sneaky McConnell's plan all along. He doesn't want any protections for the DACA folks, but he wants to give the appearance that he tried. I saw this coming a mile away.

McConnell: "Everyone agrees I held up my end of the bargain." "When the hour came to actually make law, instead of just making political points, our friends across the aisle were either unable or unwilling to get something done.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/15/immigration-daca-senate-412459

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What's gonna happen with the Dreamers/DACA? [View all] , PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Feb-15-18 06:44 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
most likely quiet and targeted deportation
Feb 15th 2018
They will ALL be deported unless the Dems win congress
Feb 15th 2018
all facts.
Feb 16th 2018
Third federal judge rejects Trump reasoning for ending DACA
Apr 24th 2018
Federal judge says Trump must fully restore DACA
Aug 03rd 2018
I don't get this. How can it be illegal to cancel an executive order?
Aug 04th 2018
This is easy to understand
Aug 04th 2018
really messy
Aug 04th 2018
Full amnesty, eventually.
Aug 04th 2018
Federal Appeals Court upholds ruling blocking Trump administration from ...
Nov 08th 2018

Lobby General Discussion topic #13235030 Previous topic | Next topic