Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12765555

Subject: "Are y'all seeing a lot of kickstarters fail?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49596 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 10:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Are y'all seeing a lot of kickstarters fail?"

I remember alot of talk about being concerned that kickstarter and the like were having a lot of dumb ish get funding but what I think I am finding is that kickstarter isn't some miracle fundraising tool and alot of projects aren't reaching their fundraising goal.

My experience with kickstarter is that even with good projects, you won't necessarily raise money from people who aren't already in your network of peoples.

I see all these projects and I think people are crazy to think they can raise money like that. Look at this project

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/going-out-a-champion-the-coach-joe-ellis-story

You doing something wrong if you thought you could raise 700k and only raise 4k.

BTW, here is a worthy project from the director of Still Bill and I am concerned his fundraising goal was too high. Support if you can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076824259/the-house-on-coco-road-grenada-documentary?ref=nav_search

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Are y'all seeing a lot of kickstarters fail? [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Mar-28-15 10:29 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
good one's don't
Mar 28th 2015
your first link is an indiegogo campaign and you get to keep 85% even if...
Mar 28th 2015
My kickstarter failed....I ended up completing the project
Mar 28th 2015
This one nails it
Mar 28th 2015
Clay Davis bobblehead doll ?? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it
Mar 28th 2015
lol
Mar 30th 2015
Soo folks aren't seeing kickstarters fail left and right?
Mar 30th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12765555 Previous topic | Next topic