Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #29528

Subject: "just asking for you to listen, please" Previous topic | Next topic
thomas
Member since Aug 24th 2007
17 posts
Fri Aug-24-07 11:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"just asking for you to listen, please"
Fri Aug-24-07 11:40 PM by thomas

Hi... my name is thomas, I'm 22 years old and a son of NYC. I've been making music for awhile... writing verses since I'm 16. Been recording since about 2002.

Working on two albums atm, my first 'Great Kills' which is basically follow my life from Great Kills , Staten Island to recently. IT's done... just waiting for some money to make 1,000 copies (1400$ @ www.diskmakers.com) and get it up on iTunes and all that.

the second album 'Walk' i'm having a good time making. I produce my own music for the most part (only 3 of the 18 songs on 'Great Kills' are produced by someone else) using Logic pro on my macs (lately been using my guitars also)

IF you guys like it I've got about 60 songs.... from way back when to now.

my myspace is

http://www.myspace.com/apoet

"unfinished keys" - I recorded this in summer 2006. I made the beat and only did one verse on it. The 2nd and 3rd verses/chorus are left open... I love the instrumental part. I have plans to have other people on that song

"on my day off" recorded about 3 weeks ago... on my day off. one of the newer songs where I'm playing guitar on

"Given" recorded in winter 2006, the mix is a bit low so may have to turn the volume up.

"Where are you?(Goodbye)" is the last song on 'Great Kills'. Produced by my friend D.verge

if you listen any comments are appreciated

thanks
peace&love
-t

*edit*

Oh I'd like to add that this is my first post on okayplayer, and I'm happy to see that this board is dedicated to the great J Dilla. One of my first songs ever recorded was on his 'the light(remix)' instrumental. It was called 'Together'. I'll have to upload it for you guys

NYC

10308 to 11211

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

just asking for you to listen, please [View all] , thomas, Fri Aug-24-07 11:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: just asking for you to listen, please
Aug 25th 2007
Aug 26th 2007
Aug 27th 2007
Aug 27th 2007
DO NOT PRESS OUT ANY CDS!!!
Aug 28th 2007
what it seems that you need.....