Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson The Lesson Archives topic #77780

Subject: "WTF with the De La Show?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DR_WAA

Thu Feb-10-00 10:12 PM

"WTF with the De La Show?"

so i have a problem before the show even starts...i'm supposed to be at columbia spinnin' with my partner and be at the show at the same time...i compromise and hope i can at least catch a glimpse of de la before 1 when i have to get uptown...we get in around 9, dj eclipse is spinnin' - Freddie Foxxx eventually comes on around 10:30, later joined by Guru, DJ Premier, Militia, and MOP (for all of one song)...they get offstage and by midnight, peeps are whispering about problems...i end up jetting because i figure i'm screwed and that at that point I'll be more annoyed if i catch two seconds instead of a decent portion of the show. When i get home 3amish, my roomie tells me that about 12:30, its announced that one of the guys (he didn't tell me who)had a baby that night BUT that they were coming on eventually. HE ended up taking off out of aggravation so my question is...anybody actually see de la? what's the scoop? and common? saw a few okayplayers and loads of common stickers/fliers but thats it. Now on to tougher ish...<P>Within 20 minutes with Freddie Foxxx, Primo, Guru, and Lord Finesse on stage, we get hit with 4 lines of ignorant hip hop (after primo shouted that foxxx IS real hip hop) that really set me and my crew off. After their group track, Freddie busts a freestyle with one line about "being all gay" and another about jews (sorry don't remember exactly). then finesse freestyles with another line -something like "flossin' jews with jems" and then back on the tables, finesse cuts part of a song (sorry again, don't know the track) so a ton of the crowd can add in "you homo mother fucker". to be honest, in terms of freddie and finesse, I'm not positive if i was hearin from an MC with no enunciation skills or from some ignorant MCs spreading the wrong messages. My boy was pretty sure about these lines...and i was suprised to hear MCs with those kinds of flows opening for de la. anybody else hear them/hear them differently? if we are right, what's this say about "real hip hop" as primo put it? <P>damn, heads spinnin,<BR>somebody hit me back with some wisdom<BR>biz

Printer-friendly copy

WTF with the De La Show? [View all] , DR_WAA, Thu Feb-10-00 10:12 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I can clear some of that up...
Feb 11th 2000
you gotta relax kid......
Feb 11th 2000
      not wack, just deaf
DR_WAA
Feb 11th 2000
           UM!
Feb 13th 2000