Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #46345

Subject: "Will the HD I added retain it's data after a System Restore?" Previous topic | Next topic
TheSauce
Charter member
1721 posts
Thu Dec-22-05 03:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Will the HD I added retain it's data after a System Restore?"

I'm going to be doing a full system restore using the recovery discs for my HP desktop (the discs it prompts you to burn the first time you turn it on).

I had a HD added to store my Digi video. Rather than spending tons of time backing up all my data, I'm wondering if I can't just transfer it to the post-factory drive.

Will the system restore wipe this drive clean as well? Or will it not even touch the drive because it wasn't factory-installed?

No offense to anyone, but I'd appreciate it if you knew from experience if the data would be okay on the drive. You understand that I don't want to go on someone's hunch that it's okay, and find all my data lost.

Thanks in advance.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Will the HD I added retain it's data after a System Restore? [View all] , TheSauce, Thu Dec-22-05 03:53 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
it should be fine, if you're really worried, just disconnect it
Dec 22nd 2005
^^^^^^ Pretty much the one way to go
Dec 22nd 2005

Lobby High-Tech topic #46345 Previous topic | Next topic