Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby High-Tech topic #297530

Subject: "Anybody hack/jailbreak a Roku? And is it worth it?" Previous topic | Next topic
spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10987 posts
Tue Sep-22-15 12:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Anybody hack/jailbreak a Roku? And is it worth it?"

One of my dad's co-workers got in his ear about running kodi and being able to watch 'everythang'. Now, from what I've been reading, doing this involved streaming through Plex on a desktop/laptop. Looking at his setup at home, I'm not sure how good an idea that would be (the desktop has a pre-Vista era Core2Duo and everything in the 2 story house has to run wirelessly off the standard Fios Actiontec router). I haven't looked into how much of a rabbit hole hacking a Roku would be, or how 'parent-proof' the end result would be either. In the end I'm wondering if buying a FireTV or Pi2 and running The Beast (or some other build of kodi) on that would be easier, both for him and for me (because I do not want to keep going over there or taking phone calls and texts to try and troubleshoot this).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Anybody hack/jailbreak a Roku? And is it worth it? [View all] , spenzalii, Tue Sep-22-15 12:40 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Kodi is dope because of all of the plugins it has
Sep 28th 2015
Why not just a PC for the TV?
Sep 28th 2015
Small and Cheap for the parental units
Sep 29th 2015
I keep hearing the amazon dongle is the ish for pirated stuff.
Oct 02nd 2015
The Fire Stick is a best kept secret for real.....
Oct 05th 2015
      This may be the move
Oct 14th 2015
I bought a Fire TV (2015 model)
Oct 18th 2015
And back it went
Oct 27th 2015
just bought a nexus player for $25 for target clearance. KODI is crazy.
Oct 22nd 2015

Lobby High-Tech topic #297530 Previous topic | Next topic