Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFwiw, I think Crawford deserves some blame as well
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2779878&mesg_id=2784792
2784792, Fwiw, I think Crawford deserves some blame as well
Posted by snacks, Mon Mar-13-23 10:15 AM
He's a hell of a fighter, but his boxing business acumen has been ... questionable at best. This even dates back to his decision to re-sign with Top Rank back in 2018 or so when there was clearly no one on that side of the street for him to fight. Even Pacquiao jumped ship and got the Broner, Thurman, and Ugas fights

For this fight, I still don't understand him bringing the possibility of these "hedge fund investors" without ever revealing who they were or which network it was show. It just seemed like he was all over the place

>even though Plant Benadvidez is gonna be great
>
>there's also the Josh Taylor Teofimo Lopez fight in June
>...Curious to see how Lopez holds up at 140 vs a legit
>champion (although I still think Taylor and Catterall was a
>draw and he needs to run that back to silence his critics
>forever)

I felt bad for Catterall that he basically had to waste a year waiting for Taylor's injuries, and the moment he takes a stay busy fight, Taylor gives Teo the shot. I'm not sure if Teo even believes he's like that at 140, but I guess we'll see

>and major respect to Stephen Fulton for going all the way to
>Japan to make his mark, i love when American boxers go
>overseas and snatch belts
>(errol, devin and now Cool Boy)

Agree

>That Harrison Tszyu fight was ZZZ, neither guy really
>impressed me, I think a fully motivated and fit Charlo would
>KO Tszyu and retain his belts , easily.

I am personally more intrigued by Charlo/Fundora, but doesn't look like we'll get around this one so we'll see what happens lol