Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhat a fucking nightmare roster that would be, lmao.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2699544&mesg_id=2700988
2700988, What a fucking nightmare roster that would be, lmao.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jul-02-19 09:12 PM
They need shooters to space the floor, first and foremost. After that, they need secondary ball handler types and perimeter defenders. Guys who play good team ball and know their role.

I’d offer Boogie the minimum and take a flier that he recovers fully, because he can shoot and pass when healthy. *Maybe* Rondo, tho this team really doesn’t need non-shooters imo. After that, those others can kick rocks. JR is washed. Melo is hyper washed. Lance is only interesting on paper.

Guys I’d genuinely look at who I think are still available, none of whom are world beaters or even great options on their own, but all of whom could offer shooting/defense/team value: Justin Anderson, Trevon Bluiett, Trey Burke, Quinn Cook, Keenan Evans, Jerian Grant. Tyus Jones would be PERFECT, but he’ll likely get matched by the Wolves. Corey Brewer may be washed but he’d play the role well. Christian Wood could get a flier for the min, same for Lance Thomas, same for Wenyen gabriel if he’s available— guys who could be 3/4 stretch options.

Just don’t take old washed bummy ring hunters who used to be terrific. Look for PIECES. Especially if Kawhi comes. Just guys who will know their role, embrace it, and be good at it.