Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject"Quiet Storm: The Ron Artest Story" documentary on Showtime
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2698822&mesg_id=2698822
2698822, "Quiet Storm: The Ron Artest Story" documentary on Showtime
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Jun-12-19 11:57 AM
Caught the back half of it yesterday. I don't ***think*** it's been out that long, but I could be wrong. Late pass if necessary.

Even though it's a pretty standard talking head doc, what I saw was fascinating stuff.

The Pacers years are the heart of the doc. There's a lot of Jax, Jermaine O'Neal, and Donnie Walsh. Of course, they go fairly deep in the Malice at the Palace.

There's also a good deal about the post Pacers years, including stops at Sacramento and Houston, before his "redemption" with the Lakers. Lots of Odom (even more because they've been friends since they were pre-teens) and Kobe.

I'd never seen THAT much of the post-Lakers championship presser. Awesome stuff.

It's also striking how strained things were between him and Jermaine, even before the Malice. O'Neal seems he's just starting to make peace with Artest, and honestly he still sounds pretty angry.

And, of course, there's lot of Artest talking about all his mental health issues and his efforts to raise awareness and donate to the appropriate organizations.

Check it out if you get a chance.