Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectso Zac Taylor is a NFL head coach? these white boys be coming up...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2692478
2692478, so Zac Taylor is a NFL head coach? these white boys be coming up...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Apr-05-19 02:53 PM
dude went from college grad assistant to NFL head coach in 8 years...

Kliff Kingsbury had a 2 winning seasons in 6 years as a college head coach but yet somehow he walked right into an NFL head coaching job...

Adam Gase had a losing record in Miami yet somehow he walked right into his SECOND NFL head coaching job...

I know we got Brian Flores this year and that Belicheat coaching tree can be kinda shaky but dude was an assistant for 15 years before he got a shot...
2692484, QB Coach of the Rams is gonna get a HC shot. Kiliff K is
Posted by isaaaa, Fri Apr-05-19 03:49 PM
some WB shit though

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com
2692496, So is he the genius or McVay or do they both eat off of that?
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Apr-05-19 08:22 PM
2692495, Teams are looking for the next offensive genius
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Fri Apr-05-19 06:08 PM
has less to do with being white
2692497, Why can’t Eric Bienemy get a shot? Why is Karl Dorrell a career WR...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Apr-05-19 08:30 PM
coach?
2692498, that's not true
Posted by will_5198, Fri Apr-05-19 08:51 PM
>has less to do with being white

* black players have been given less opportunity at the quarterback position, all the way back to HS

* less black quarterbacks in general at every level

* less black ex-quarterbacks, a position that is often the quickest to rise up the offensive coaching ranks and be an offensive coordinator

* less black offensive coordinators that could be the "next McVay"

and if you tell me that black quarterbacks get the same chances as white ones these days, or even for the last decade (something I would argue against, but let's just say things have improved), that still doesn't change the fact that the black coaching pool of 30-40 somethings being hired right today have been affected by the above
2692583, RE: that's not true
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Sun Apr-07-19 03:40 PM
>>has less to do with being white
>
>* black players have been given less opportunity at the
>quarterback position, all the way back to HS
>
>* less black quarterbacks in general at every level
>
>* less black ex-quarterbacks, a position that is often the
>quickest to rise up the offensive coaching ranks and be an
>offensive coordinator
>
>* less black offensive coordinators that could be the "next
>McVay"
>
>and if you tell me that black quarterbacks get the same
>chances as white ones these days, or even for the last decade
>(something I would argue against, but let's just say things
>have improved), that still doesn't change the fact that the
>black coaching pool of 30-40 somethings being hired right
>today have been affected by the above
>

Those things are all true and have affected said pool.

That said, that's who these idiots want to hire right now, the next Sean McVay.

Sean Payton was just talking about it. Both things can be true.

2692558, This sounds racist as fuck
Posted by legsdiamond, Sun Apr-07-19 07:12 AM
2692560, RE: Teams are looking for the next offensive genius
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Apr-07-19 07:44 AM
Lmaoooooo wow
2692571, *double checks what forum i'm reading*
Posted by Kungset, Sun Apr-07-19 01:22 PM
2692572, Btw: falafel stand been posting racist, y'all. For a LONG time.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sun Apr-07-19 01:25 PM
Prolly a troll
2702775, Kliff Kingsbury was not exactly an offensive genius today
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Sep-08-19 06:21 PM
2702844, Kyler played superb in the second half
Posted by HecticHavoc, Mon Sep-09-19 03:12 PM
this offense is pretty weird, and the offensive line is a fucking trainwreck, but he continuously makes the right decision. off a bit on deeper throws than he usually is.

Kliff did look lost as fuck most of the day, and that FG decision when down 24-6 had the crowd booing but ended up being the right call in the end.

this team is way better than last year.
2730884, NFL coaching hire update:
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 03:34 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars - Urban Meyer, 56, all-time great college coach, never coached in the NFL

New York Jets - Robert Saleh, 41, former defensive coordinator of the 49ers, first Muslim head coach in NFL history and third Arab American head coach of the NFL

Atlanta Falcons - Arthur Smith, 38, former offensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans, 2 seasons as a coordinator

Los Angeles Chargers - Brandon Staley, 38, former defensive coordinator of the Rams, 4 years as an NFL assistant and 1 as a coordinator

Detroit Lions - Dan Campbell, 44, former assistant head coach and tight ends coach for the New Orleans Saints, DID NOT CALL PLAYS

Philadelphia Eagles - Nick Sirianni, 39, former offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts, DID NOT CALL PLAYS
2730893, Embarrassing....
Posted by blueeclipse, Mon Jan-25-21 05:41 PM
This is one of the most blatantly awful hiring cycles for the NFL in recent years as far as minority hires go and outside of that just awful because of the indefensible resumes for these hires.

I hope the Bucs win the Super Bowl and those coaches on BA's staff get another look.

I hope EB in KC gets a look obviously and not thrown a PC hire because teams know they fucked up. Pep Hamilton. Raheem Morris deserves another shot. George Edwards.
2730894, Leftwich calls plays, right?
Posted by The Real, Mon Jan-25-21 06:05 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2730895, That doesn’t matter if you’re WHITE
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-25-21 07:56 PM
2730902, the racist framing is really pronounced
Posted by will_5198, Mon Jan-25-21 09:30 PM
Staley being the perfect example (who I actually like as a coach)

when a white coach on offense (Taylor) jumps to the front of the line, the media says it's an offensive league and everyone wants the next McVay

now Staley has jumped to the front of the line as a defensive coach, the media says it's because he's the next McVay on...defense? *Nick Young face*

I'm not even exaggerating, these are actual excerpts from ESPN on Staley's hire:

"This is the Sean McVay of defense."

"When you talk football -- I'd like to think that I love football as much as anybody -- you're sitting there and you're thinking, 'This guy might be sicker than I am,'" McVay said about Staley."
2730937, Bomani went through Arthur Smith's history
Posted by The Real, Tue Jan-26-21 10:42 AM
It is so clear he was getting jobs because of his dad and people were white-hot mad at Bo for pointing it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------