Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Gotta correct something here...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2690290&mesg_id=2690868
2690868, RE: Gotta correct something here...
Posted by S_Ali, Mon Mar-18-19 09:28 AM
I was surprised he made his issues public concerning the predictions of Tyson, Leonard, and Foreman. From listening to him talk I think his real issue is people not giving him credit for his ability or his ring IQ. Mikey has the pedigree and he is essentially a brute. This could be the reason why he chose this approach. If you go back to early interviews Spence always believed he could box Garcia. Everyone expected Spence to apply pressure immediately, including me. He humiliated Mikey by boxing and keeping him on the end of that jab. All 3 judges scored the fight a shutout. Errol is simply a better fighter. I give Mikey credit for his heart and his defensive ability of not taking a lot of clean shots. But let's be clear, his focus was survival not winning the fight.

I was surprised he took a shot at Porter at the end of the fight. Turns out the only reason he was fighting Garcia is because Porter didn't want to fight. Errol is the man at 147 now, literally and figuratively. A fight with Porter does nothing for him now other than collect another belt which clearly doesn't mean anything anymore. None of the other champions or names seemed to be interested in his IBF belt.