Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLol. Mikey talked all that shit about increasing his speed at SNAC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2690290&mesg_id=2690791
2690791, Lol. Mikey talked all that shit about increasing his speed at SNAC
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Sun Mar-17-19 02:29 AM
and looked like the exact same fighter he's always been. This was the domination that most people were expecting, that he was supposed to prove wrong. The real upside to Mikey's loss is that Dana White lost $10,000 betting on him.
Mikey remains the Tim Duncan of boxing with excellent fundamentals but nothing flashy or special... which actually worked out well for him in the sense that he keeps his hands up very well and didn't get KO'd or even knocked down. His chin is very solid... which isn't really a compliment when I'm only saying it because you got his so much by the most feared puncher in the division. His only "victory" here is that he ended Errol's KO streak. Other than that, he barely had any success at all outside of the 2nd round. There was one other round I thought could be given to him, but I don't remember which one right now.
Errol showed more movement than I've ever seen him show. He made himself very hard for Mikey to find, which isn't super hard to do as the taller, stronger fighter with a longer reach but was still more than he usually does. Also, this nigga threw over ONE THOUSAND punches lol wtf. One of the busiest jabs in the game. He also took a few shots from Mikey but his face never looks like he's being harmed at all, which is another reason I always say he's gonna have to move up at least one weight class to have any truly competitive fights outside of perhaps Terence Crawford. As for future fights, he went at Shawn Porter in the post fight interview and Shawn joked that shit right off lol. Manny claimed to wanted the winner BEFORE the fight, but after the fight he was on some "very happy to be here.... eh why not" when they asked if he still wanted smoke lol. I don't see any of those PBC guys wanting smoke after this performance. He's gonna have to "cross the street" and pursue that fight with Crawford.