Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAgreed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2690290&mesg_id=2690393
2690393, Agreed
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Mar-12-19 12:46 PM
I totally agree that this does nothing for Errol. There are ppl saying whoever wins will be p4p, but the only person who increases their p4p status by winning is Garcia. With Thurman and Porter being so afraid to fight Errol, Garcia will look like a total "badass" if he wins (he said in an interview that he took the fight because he wanted to be a badass lol). I would also agree that Garcia is the better boxer according to what we've seen of the two, but I keep hearing Errol has all this skill we haven't seen.... which makes sense, because he walks around at 180, so he wouldn't have to show alotta skill to blast people out at 147... similar to Hurd at 154, walking around at 200. But anyway, a dominant win here could either gain Spence alotta Mexican fans or make him the next Floyd in the vein that he could fight hella Mexicans around Cinco De Mayo as they watch and hope he loses lol. I definitely don't think any higher of Spence for beating a little guy tho.

>At first I didn't like the fight for Errol. Mikey has
>nothing to lose and Errol has nothing to gain. I was
>concerned about his motivation against a guy like Mikey. If
>there is something for Spence to gain from this fight, it is
>the opportunity to become a superstar and a pay per view
>attraction. Hopefully the reward will justify the risk that
>will allow for fights with Crawford or Thurman.
>
>I "think" Garcia may be a better boxer. I also don't think we
>have seen the best of Errol Spence. Mikey has to be close to
>flawless for 12 rounds to win. I just can't see him being
>able to keep Spence off him for that long. His additional
>weight may come at the expense of his conditioning. Mikey is
>already a Hall of Famer and should he win will be in the GOAT
>discussion for his era. If Errol wins it does nothing for his
>legacy but will clearly benefit his future earning potential.
>