Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA bunch of big games today, especially for the bubble:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2690208&mesg_id=2690677
2690677, A bunch of big games today, especially for the bubble:
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Mar-15-19 12:27 PM
Florida vs. LSU right now. UF's gotta win to be in, imo.

OSU vs. MSU right now. OSU's in decent shape, but a win would absolutely seal the deal, and MSU needs to win to keep their thin 1-seed hopes alive.

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin at 3 PM. Nebrasketball desperately needs another big win.

Auburn vs. South Carolina at 3:30 PM. Weird that the 4 seed in the SEC Tournament has little shot at the tourney when multiple teams behind them in the SEC standings are locks, but yeah, the Cocks need to win the SECT.

Xavier vs. Villanova at 6:30 PM. Xavier's been hot lately, but they've gotta win out to get in. No at-large hopes here. Still, should be an intriguing game-- they beat Nova by double figures last game.

FSU vs. UVA at 7 PM. UVA needs a win to remain the #1 overall seed. I think they'll cruise.

Minnesota vs. Purdue at 7 PM. Minnesota is *probably* okay at this point-- maybe around a 10 seed-- but if you're any projected double digit seed, you're always sweating on Sunday. I think a win here would move them up a line and they'd feel really, really good.

Alabama vs. Kentucky at 7 PM. One of the bigger games of the day. Kentucky is right on the 1 seed cusp, probably in-- but they can't lose this game. Alabama got closer to the field yesterday-- but they too can't lose this game. One team's gonna be sad. (Almost certainly Alabama.)

Iowa State vs. Kansas State at 7 PM. This one's gonna be huge without Dean Wade. I think Iowa State is underrated-- they have a *ton* of talent. I like them to improve their seed line here, and they'll have a real chance to win the whole B12T.

West Virginia vs. Kansas at 9 PM. WVU's had a nightmare season, but they were projected as a Top 3 Big 12 team coming into the season for a reason. They've been clicking the last two games, and Kansas has been reeling for the past month-- could WVU's miracle run continue?

Wichita State vs. Temple at 9 PM. Temple can't lose this game and make the field imo. Gotta advance.

Seton Hall vs. Marquette at 9 PM. Seton Hall is almost certainly in at this point. I just put this here because Markus Howard is fun as shit to watch.

Duke vs. UNC at 9 PM. The Game. First game against them with Zion. Winner gets a 1 seed. Absolute gripping must watch TV.

Iowa vs. Michigan at 9:30 PM. Michigan has a *super* outside shot at a 1 seed, and it involves chaos among the favorites and Michigan winning the Big Ten Tourney-- but I love Michigan's chances at winning the Big Ten Tourney. So there's that.

Mississippi State vs. Tennessee at 9:30 PM. Tennessee's only shot at a 1 seed involves winning the SECT. This is a Sweet 16 caliber game here-- I'd switch to this after Duke/UNC.

Oregon vs. Arizona State at 11:30 PM. Yeah, I don't think the Pac 12 deserves more than 1 team... that said, Arizona State is probably pretty close to in. They just need to make it to a Washington game-- if you lose to anyone other than Washington, you may be out.