Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI can't decide...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2689943&mesg_id=2691751
2691751, I can't decide...
Posted by jimaveli, Thu Mar-28-19 10:02 PM
>>Especially as a babyface. Asuka can get out a couple of
>>somewhat understandable sentences at a time. Can you really
>>blame Vince for wanting to go with the Charlottes and Beckys
>>over Asuka?
>>
>>Getting by on ringwork and a cool entrance works just fine
>in
>>NXT where you don't have to be on TV every week and on the
>mic
>>very often, but the main roster is a different kind of
>>show/presentation.
>
>
>Exhibit A: Brock Lesnar - no mic skills, barely competes,
>holds the belt for ages at a time.
>
>Exhibit B: Rousey - stumbles through promos every week, has
>the personality of a piece of cardboard. Champion forever and
>headlines WM.
>

>Need I continue?

2 folks are obvious exceptions to most rules. They are there to get non-rasslin fans to watch. The biggest problem with Brock is that he won last year at Mania/didn't leave. RR is basically chick Goldberg. She's not meant to last forever, but she's gonna pop both sets of Horsewomen then ride off into the sunset. She's a godsend for them and the women.

Has anyone been screwed worse than Rusev? He should be AEW's first champ. Instead, he's damn near Zach Ryder.

As for Nak and Asuka:

Is Nak not getting pushed because there were ALWAYS limits to his style and character and WWE isn't great at protecting folks with limits sometimes? IE: they've basically ruined most of the solo Shield runs and all 3 of those dudes are at least redeemable rasslers. They cooled off Braun.

OR

Is Nak supreme and just getting totally screwed here?

I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in between. A bunch of WWE's fanbase is Trumpy whether we want to admit it or not. But hell, I can't say I'm amped when Nak talks and it's not something funny. And I notice when he works his Ric Flair autopilot/template style cuz he doesn't exactly care. His age doesn't help either. In defense...I can say that they damn near Booker T/HHH'd Nak when he didn't ever manage to straight up beat AJ Styles during that series of WCW finishes they put out there with the nut shots.

As for Asuka, WWE fucked her off and they need their asses kicked for it. She's badass, beautiful by any reasonable standard, and over like rover in spite of basically being iced. She's like chick Rusev...inexplicably underloved. And she can fuggin work well enough to make good workers looks better and green workers look competent. She's the shit and she doesn't seem to do the autopilot thing that Nak has been accused of even during the later parts of his NJPW run.