Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: For sure the entry barrier to a profit is Solid, Wide and Daunting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2687976&mesg_id=2688249
2688249, RE: For sure the entry barrier to a profit is Solid, Wide and Daunting
Posted by hip bopper, Mon Feb-18-19 05:16 PM
>has a lot of history and is downright impossible to break.
>
>But if the option is so fruitless, why do you think people
>keep trying to develop a non-competing option for NFL quality
>football?
>

I believe that there is a large amount of people that would love to see the NFL fall. So attempts are made to see if they can create a league to topple the NFL. It has gotten worse since Goddell took over as commissioner. This new league doesn’t pay players enough to crossover. With all of these players who say that the owners have a slave mentality, they won’t think about going to this new league because they don’t give out NFL type paychecks.

The only way I see an entity taking viewership away from the NFL is the run their season the same time that the NFL starts their season. To also get prime time slots on major networks with comparable ratings. Also get the top talent out of college and not players that aren’t good enough to play in the NFL.

For instance... Murray should consider playing in this new league. He’s too small to be a NFL QB. This new league could help him flourish to be a top player, something that I don’t ever see him becoming in the NFL.