Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI am happy about what they are doing with Young
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2687637&mesg_id=2687783
2687783, I am happy about what they are doing with Young
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Feb-13-19 04:59 PM
It would have been easy to just let him gun like crazy but they aren't from the little I have seen. Yeah missed shots and turnovers abound but at a pretty normal level for a rookie point guard playing big minutes. To me he is never gonna be Steph, he is a better facilitator than he is a scorer at the pro level. Really good at getting in the lane and probing the defense, driving and kicking, shit like that. He can draw guys to him. He is a little bit Steve Nash-y in that regard, so it's cool that Pearce is the guy overseeing his development for now.

Collins is nice. I like his game a lot and it seems to get better every month. He is a nice big for the modern game. Rim runner, a little range, etc. He isn't a guy who needs the ball to succeed, he gives you energy and in constructive ways where guys can find him for baskets. It'd be easy to see a double-double guy on a shitty team and figure it's a function of usage but with him it's not. He is efficient and gets almost all his buckets off assists.