Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecteveryone has a bias here - some just try to feign objective.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2687287&mesg_id=2687576
2687576, everyone has a bias here - some just try to feign objective.
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Feb-12-19 02:36 PM

>No question Brad Stevens is a better coach than Walton, but to
>act like everything last year is credited to the system
>is...dishonest.

Not everything can be attributed to the system - but Boston also just had a better team than L.A. last year. Kyrie was there for a good part of the season - and the team is anchored by multi-all-star veteran Al Horford. The team also had great depth on the bench and a nice blend of veteran leadership and young emerging talent. Lakers didn't have that luxury last year - it was all young kids in their early 20's.

> So
>Bron joined up with a young core that is better than the squad
>that took him to 7, and 2/3 of said core regressed and looks
>lost and scared much of the time...under Bron's leadership?
>
>Even if you're just talking 'upside'- how did 2/3 go
>backwards?

I never said that Bron joined a better team. Boston would've clearly been the better team for Bron to joint - as would have Philly. LeBron didn't choose the best team - he did what he always does: he went to a mediocre and/or struggling team to re-build it into a champion. That's what he did in Miami and Cleveland - and that's why he looks to do now.

But you say that 2/3rds of the young core have regressed - and I don't know if that's the case. Lonzo has been injured - but when healthy - he has really played well. B.I. has also had his moments - and has pretty much stayed at bay w/ where he was last year. Kuz has taken big steps forward.

As far as Boston - they also have 2/3rds of their young core regress - and arguably all 3. Brown has struggled for most of this year - as has Rozier. Tatum has the typical sophomore slump to start the year and hasn't had the kind of year he had last year - but he's obviously still the most coveted out of the 6. But is he that much better than Kuz? No - in fact - Kuz has had a better year this year than Tatum has had.

So i stand by my statement: The Lakers core 3 (Kuz, Zo & BI) have a higher ceiling (in terms of the overall balance of the 3) than Tatum, Rozier & Brown.

But the fun thing is: we'll see the truth play out.

-->