Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI just wish you would be consistent man
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2685722&mesg_id=2686152
2686152, I just wish you would be consistent man
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Jan-31-19 06:58 PM
You can apply the same standards to everyone equally, and still be a huge Bron fan.

You can even be a huge AD fan when he joins Bron.

No one is going to take that from you. Just be consistent.

>Nobody has *ever* won multiple championships without a
>championship caliber supporting cast.

Where did I say otherwise?

>
>What's a bit different is that in today's NBA - you need at
>least 2 other stars to win (Golden State has 5).

Right. Which I find corny and boring. Just my opinion. Like I said, I own it.

I think GS is corny too man. The problem is that you have this loathing for them, but won't even admit the similarities.

>
>So if you want to paint that as AD needs Bron to win;

Ummm you did. And others. "AD wants to win"

Okay. Cool. My point is that I wish (based on my opinion) that he wanted to win as the alpha. I wish (based on my opinion) that he wanted to go a "better organization" and still be the man.

or Bron
>needs a washed Wade to win (lol that was cute) - have at it.

Its stuff like this that honestly makes me question how long you have paid attention. Their first year together, there was literal debate who's team it was.

You think he went to Miami cuz he loves black uniforms?

Nah. He went to a better organization that had a better chance to win. But he didn't go to Chicago or Dallas or wherever...he went to Miami. To team with D-Wade, who was not at all washed yet and he brought Bosh.

He went to make winning easier. Just like KD. And AD if it happens.

If you want to say the KD thing is worse, okay- fine. But to say they are "nothing alike" is just fanboy denial Vex.

Just own it. He controlled his destiny, and started a trend.

A trend that you like. A trend that I don't like. Simple as that.

>Jordan needed Pip to win; Bird needed Chief/McHale and DJ to
>win; Magic needed Kareem, Worthy & Scott to win etc...

Right. Where did I say that wasn't the case?

But since you made the comparison, and keeping in mind that I am owning being old and grumpy, this would be like Barkley demanding to be traded to Chicago to play with Jordan rather than try to beat him.

Or Jordan demanding to be traded to LA, rather than trying to catch Magic.

Or Isiah demanding to be traded to Boston so he can play second fiddle to Larry.

etc

That would be corny. See the difference?

>
>But that's not the point. The point is - AD going to L.A. (if
>it happens) is nothing like KD going to G.S.;

Yes it is man. You can't create your own reality.

KD went to GS to make winning easier. (there were already alphas there)

AD, who many say is the best young star in the league, wants to go play second fiddle to Bron. To make winning easier (like you and others said)

nor was Bron
>going to Miami anything like KD going to G.S. The only thing
>that's consistent about all of these moves is the player being
>empowered to author his own career via mobility.

Are you reading my posts or nah? I say I'm all for that. More power to them.

Just as a basketball fan, I wish they were more interested in competing against each other rather than squading up on some AAU shit. It isn't interesting (to me- based on my personal opinion)

>
>And you can thank the BronFather for that.
>
>

Not everything has to be about Lebron, but okay. I'm not really debating or concerned with where it started.

Its just that (in my opinion) I think the league would be more interesting if AD was more interested in BEATING Lebron than joining him. Or if KD was more interested in BEATING Steph than joining him. Etc.

If anything, I blame the shadow MJ as cast on the league. We talked about chips so much, players are just going out and buying them essentially. There is no standard anymore on HOW a chip is won I guess. I just don't like it. *shrugs*