Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: This run is showing how talented he really is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2681710&mesg_id=2682160
2682160, RE: This run is showing how talented he really is
Posted by jimaveli, Tue Dec-18-18 05:43 AM
>To be the biggest babyface of a decade, and turn around into
>a heel that gets actually booed, not Xpac heat, not cheered
>because he is cool, but booed because the crowd actually
>respects his heel work.
>
>Not only that but to basically unveil an adapted all new move
>set to work more as a heel.
>
>He is an all timer

The babyface run is his genius on display. This heel run is like a return to his American Dragon shit...down to the small package! It damn sure is fun. And it was a good call. WWE actually has a few good calls rolling in the midst of their broken Raw format dragging them down. NXT is still a paradise of 80s love letter goodness with best Indy ever match quality. And the stories!? The ridiculously good characters? The more committed booking! Good times.

To me, the Dean turn was a great call that has since been amazingly botched. Horrible situation overall. I wonder when they knew Roman was possibly gone. And I wonder who thought that tlc match layout was what anyone wanted.

It sucks like hell that they didn’t want to pull the trigger on Get These Hands because of backstage shortcomings. Big boy might’ve screwed himself forever with that shit if true. He certainly screwed us out of a fun title run that would’ve booked itself. He could have been Brock with more appearances, fun title defenses where folks throw everything at him to try to win and occasional gags and jokes. He could’ve gotten a lot folks over by having good showings against him.

I know for sure that I will be amped when Brock goes away without the title for a while. I dgaf what other examples folks can show me, not having an existing big belt champ on Mondays is bullshit and it ruins the show BEFORE we get the horrid 20 minute setups and 1.5 hours of fluff to further ruin it. It’s unwatchable without ffwd. I’m basically retired from even forwarding through it most weeks until Mania season.

And the IC title ain’t a fair replacement. Cena did grand work making the belt gain some weight but still...it ain’t the same as having a main dude to go after and build stories around. It ruins the midcard and jobbers too. Why would I care about any of those fools? Their feuds ain’t shit. They aren’t getting title shots. Their random matches just fill the time. Getting over is an accident. It’s a bad format.