Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRemember we used to need to do these posts monthly???
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2681710&mesg_id=2681733
2681733, Remember we used to need to do these posts monthly???
Posted by Oak27, Thu Dec-13-18 10:12 AM
Outside of Mania season these last few years have been a real struggle to stay interested. If it weren't for the backlog of Raws and PPVs from the 90's and early 2000's I wouldn't even still have my Network subscription. I honestly wish there were different tiers of subscriptions where a cheaper version came with just retro shit. I guess NXT and UK weekly shows get watched occasionally, but really the only thing I'm excited for coming out of WWE are NXT Takeovers (which they nail every single time).

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, WWE's biggest problem is there is too much god damn wrestling. On the main roster I can't think of any match up I'm dreaming of, I've quite literally already seen everything. Matches are wasted with no build then rinsed, washed and repeated over and over. There is so much in-ring talent, it's at an all-time high, but creative is at an all-time low, but at the same time I wish they wouldn't let these guys go 80%+ on Raw and SD. Save that for the PPV. Besides it being on a Sunday night, there is nothing special about PPVs anymore. We can see great matches on Raw and SD, the production/stage/etc is just as flashy on the weekly shows and if you're watching a PPV chances are there was a PPV or Network special 2-3 weeks ago. I tuned into SD the other night and saw all the ladders and tables set up, hell, they had a frigging TLC match on Raw! Why should I care about this PPV again?

But, Royal Rumble is just around the corner and we're all gonna get sucked right back in just like every other year. And Vince knows it. The product can be shit for months on end and all he needs to do is pop us at the Rumble, give us a good Mania card and give us some debuts on the Raw the next night and we'll act surprised a few months later when the product is shit again. Cause we're wrestling fans. And we're fickle.