Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIs KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2681019
2681019, Is KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about..
Posted by Creole, Wed Dec-05-18 02:31 PM
others wanting to play with Kobe?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25460460/kevin-durant-not-sure-lakers-find-star-pair-lebron

Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Kevin Durant says there are challenges to finding LeBron sidekick
ESPN

The Los Angeles Lakers haven't landed a superstar player yet to pair with LeBron James -- and Kevin Durant thinks they may struggle in that effort.

In a recent interview with Bleacher Report, Durant discussed the challenges associated with playing with James.

"It depends on what kind of player you are," Durant told Bleacher Report, which published its story early Wednesday. "If you're Kyle Korver, then it makes sense. Because Kyle Korver in Atlanta was the bulk of the offense, and he's not a No. 1 option at all, not even close. So his talents benefit more from a guy who can pass and penetrate and get him open."

The Lakers have been linked to multiple stars since signing James this past summer. But two All-Stars available on the trade market -- Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler -- both ended up being dealt to teams other than the Lakers.

And despite the attraction of playing in the Los Angeles market, the Lakers are not presently believed to be the preferred destination for top free agents in 2019 like Durant, Leonard and Butler.

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense," Durant told Bleacher Report. "Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

Durant also cited the relentless media coverage of James as a potential factor that might discourage a star player from joining forces with the four-time league MVP.

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points.

"So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bulls--- attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Multiple other veteran players discussed the dynamic of playing with James to Bleacher Report.

Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry, a teammate of Leonard's this season, described it as the "LeBron Effect."

"He puts a lot of pressure on you, but he takes a lot of pressure off of you, too," Lowry said. "You know what you're getting. He's earned that, but he's human. If you're a strong enough personality, you can handle it."

Suns forward Trevor Ariza said players similar to James, like Leonard and Thunder forward Paul George, could possibly be marginalized if they join the Lakers.

"Guys similar to (LeBron), why would they want to play with somebody who does all the same things?" Ariza said. "I can see why they would want to play elsewhere."

2681023, This is kayfabe that will bite him in the ass later, but he isn't completely wrong
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-05-18 02:55 PM
I highly suspect this was part of the problem with Kyrie. Those 2 were the new Shaq and Kobe respectfully... and if Donkeylips wasn't a lil punk ass they'd have the same amount of rings together. I digress...

Dwyane Wade's existence kind of nullifies this idea all the same.
He WAS the Heat in a way Kobe was that player for the Lakers. But he didn't really suffer all THAT much playing alongside LeBron.

The "not playing with Kobe" thing was super overblown. I imagine CP3 would have gladly hopped on had he been a free agent and not have the NBA in the way of effing it up.

A lot of people ended up riding the Kobe bandwagon after Pau Gasol came over in that trade. He never had a "Shaq" again, but at least for 2 seasons he really didn't need someone of that exact caliber.
2681031, seems pretty accurate but he was also
Posted by tariqhu, Wed Dec-05-18 03:35 PM
talking about some players that kinda fill the same roll. or just work better with the ball in their hands vs off the ball. so it makes sense that those guys or other point guards would have to make big adjustments since Bron won't.

2681033, sound like he been talking to people who know the deal
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Dec-05-18 03:41 PM
https://usathoopshype.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/gettyimages-1005669426.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
2681034, Kyrie won a chip with Bron, though. Counter to Durant's point.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-05-18 03:48 PM

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2681039, exactly - KD and Kyrie are def of similar mind.
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-05-18 04:11 PM
They both are exceptionally gifted superstars - and they both don't quite embrace everything that comes along w/ the responsibility of leadership.

Both of them love to play the game, but they have the mentality (and have been quoted as saying) that they just want to play the game and go home -- clock in clock out like mentality. They feign laissez-faire and indifference at times as they seem to really have a lot of other interests outside of basketball (though those interests are not very well defined) - but in effect - that indifference is sort of a rejection of the notion that they need to be active leaders and embrace all that comes along with the spotlight of legendary superstardom.

LeBron is not built like that. He embraces everything that comes along with the spotlight: the good, the bad, and everything in between. Basketball is never something he's sort of trivialized to the point where you question his passion for the game. His goal is to still play in the league when his son has a chance to turn pro (meaning he's already envisioned still playing 5/6 years from now). Both Kyrie and KD have hinted at retirement in their early 30's.

LeBron has lived, breathed, and loved the game unconditionally. Kyrie & KD have a very conditional love with the game.

It's just different - and not everyone can stomach being around somebody who strives to such a degree - particularly when they just want to play basketball and be left alone.
-->
2681041, Wade and Riley held Bron hand and WALKED HIM to leadership
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Dec-05-18 04:22 PM
You typed a whole lotta nothing.

Kyrie doing to just as leadership with a roster that ain’t scrub-laden with fat niggas and wash outs.
2681043, they were on the brink of irrelevant mediocrity.
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-05-18 04:32 PM
Bron saved Miami from being a one-trick pony to now being a stalwart franchise with a glittery legacy. They're lucky Bron decided to go to college in Miami.

>Kyrie doing to just as leadership with a roster that ain’t
>scrub-laden with fat niggas and wash outs.

Kyrie ain't done nothing in Boston - and had nothing to do w/ going to Boston. He got gifted into joining the Celtics - but it's unclear as to whether his presence will even bring them more success than they had last year w/ out him. -shrugs-

Ky has always been special - but he's *somebody* because he was gifted w/ Bron's presence. Without Bron, he ain't even a made-man.

-->
2681044, das Cold...
Posted by LAbeathustla, Wed Dec-05-18 04:35 PM
>>Ky has always been special - but he's *somebody* because he was gifted w/ Bron's presence. Without Bron, he ain't even a made-man.<<
2681061, .
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-05-18 07:17 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
2681075, Bron was saved from being an all-time fraud after 2011
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Dec-06-18 12:43 AM
and that series is why he will never be GOAT.

if kyrie EVER averaged 17ppg in an NBA finals, NO MATTER WHO GUARDED HIM, let alone Jason Terry and JJ Barea...

he'd put on on a pure white hakama...

walk bare-chested to halfcourt...

take the blade his father has been carrying around in a beautiful jade and gold case for the last 20 years on the off chance kyrie EVER went out like that much of a bitch and might need it...

and kyrie irving would literally seppuku the shit out of himself.
2681100, 100
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Dec-06-18 09:30 AM
2681138, Kang's on Mt. Rushmore; is top 3 ATG, without argument.
Posted by Vex_id, Thu Dec-06-18 08:50 PM
So there's that.

Kyrie ain't even top 3 all-time at Duke, let alone top 3 basketball players to ever walk the planet earth.

>he'd put on on a pure white hakama...
>
>walk bare-chested to halfcourt...
>
>take the blade his father has been carrying around in a
>beautiful jade and gold case for the last 20 years on the off
>chance kyrie EVER went out like that much of a bitch and might
>need it...
>
>and kyrie irving would literally seppuku the shit out of
>himself.

He probably should've done that after leading the Cavs to 20-something wins as *the* alpha #1 option.

-->
2681186, now THIS is a sice.
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-07-18 11:11 AM
>Kyrie ain't even top 3 all-time at Duke

he's top 3 if not GOAT at Duke

I'd take him over anyone not named Grant Hill
2681214, Vex in here looking like this:
Posted by magilla vanilla, Fri Dec-07-18 04:32 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Qr82AsNHE78/UHsXKNrUP9I/AAAAAAAAeSY/aFjdyeMv8js/s1600/disciple.jpg

It's one thing to be a Bron fan, and want the guy to do well. Shit, I think he's a generational talent, an all-time great, and an exemplary figure off the court.

But when absolutely everything he does has to be met like the miracle of the bread and fishes? When every failure is someone else's fault? When the accomplishments of teammates have to be diminished in the name of Our Bron and Savior?

That's on some other shit.
2681219, Top 3 Dookie or top 3 Dookie in the NBA?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Dec-07-18 05:07 PM
At Duke, no, definitely not top 3. In the NBA, yeah, definitely top three although you've got to really scrape to find legit NBA stars there still anyway. Him, Hill and I guess Elton Brand would be my top three Duke NBA'ers. But in terms of what he did at Duke, no, I mean you'd have those guys plus Laettner, Hurley, JJ, Williams, et al.
2681275, RE: now THIS is a sice.
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-08-18 09:09 PM

I'm willing to bet he's talking about top 3 Duke players in college.....

Because I don't have Ky in there....

Top 3 in the Pros? Yeah....But that's a lot easier to be.....
2681295, always with the back handed slaps
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Dec-09-18 06:59 AM

it;s actually not EASY to be top 3 in NBA from Duke. he's just that good.
2681297, RE: always with the back handed slaps
Posted by murph71, Sun Dec-09-18 09:14 AM

Nothing back handed about it....

Everyone knows Duke players historically have not had a great track record as pros....Hell, Kyrie may even go down as the best Duke pro of all time....It's him and G. Hill, a couple of decent players and BUST CITY....

More busts than Morganna......
2681303, a lot of them busts were injured
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Dec-09-18 09:50 AM

johnny dawkins...ACL after look like a future all-star

jay and bobby....accidents

brand...tore his achilles at 28 after being a multi all-star

deng...multi-all star before your medical staff ruined him

so, i don't know who you talmbout that under performed, but you on some bullshit as usual

if it's players like laettner, who made an all star team...and dunleavy and battier, who both played in the L a looooong time as starters on good teams, you can just count me out on a serious debate about this, because you bitches never talk about players who have those same careers but come from UCLA, texas, kansas, cuse...on and on and on...

every school produces busts and i've laid out plenty of times WITH NUMBERS how duke produces way less busts than the vast majority of high majors, but y'all don't really wanna talk about MARYLAND like that...before cal, kentucky threw all kinda trash in the league...and they will do so after cal...hell, they've already resumed that after that recruiting run he had.

i mean, it's gon be 30 years before carolina produces another all-star and old niggas like you who only remember jordan and worthy (jr reid and them niggas don't count tho) just gonna keep giving them passes, while simultaneously wondering why the top kids don't go there no more (because they produce TRASH pros)

if you don't want our busts, enjoy kevon jenkins from kentucky with the 9th pick, nigga.
2681097, A lot of truth ^^^^^^^
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Dec-06-18 08:58 AM
2681102, They saved each other though
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Dec-06-18 10:00 AM
Bron was on the cusp of being Dr. J in the NBA before Moses or Minny Garnett or Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing.

If he and Bosh don't go to Miami:

2011-Cleveland loses to Boston or Chicago or they manage to win the east and Dallas beats either in the finals
2012-Cleveland loses to Boston (Rose tore his ACL so it would have been the Celtics considering they took the Heat to 7 this season), Boston likely beats OKC in 6 or 7.
2013-Ray Allen stays because the C's won. Cavs lose to the Celtics or Pacers. I think the Pacers sneak into the finals as the C's age out. The Spurs drag them in 4 or 5 games though.
2014-Pacers rule the east again, lose to the Spurs in a tight 6-7 game series.

At this point, LeBron is 30 is 0-1 in the finals and can't make it out of the East. I'm taking some liberties here (mainly that Clev as a city and Front Office were historically unable to pull prominent enough free agents to play alongside LeBron and would have continued to be inept) but I feel pretty confident that LeBron plus his gang of ragtag sidekicks minus the leadership cues he learned in Miami equals these scenarios. Their draft picks would have been low to high 20's so no Kyrie or Wiggins (to get Love).

I mean:
Washed Shaq
Antwan Jamison
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Big Z
Washed Ben Wallace
Washed Joe Smith
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Wally Szczerbiak

They sucked at team building. Maybe they get lucky and draft a Tobias Harris, Mirotic or Reggie Jackson, etc. But I doubt Clev would draft well too.
2681114, big facts.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Dec-06-18 12:28 PM
2681274, RE: they were on the brink of irrelevant mediocrity.
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-08-18 09:06 PM

Oh.....
2681036, there's a lot that comes with such unprecedented perennial success
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-05-18 03:51 PM
not everyone is built to endure 8-straight Finals appearances and to constantly be in the mix for a ring. Most need a break or to separate into a more comfy situation.

And that's ok. Both KD and Kyrie are truly exceptional talents - and it takes humility and visionary fortitude to accept that despite your greatness - you'll never be the A-side to LeBron James until the time is ripe via succession (which will be relatively soon).

The superstar with forward-thinking vision will acknowledge this - and will join forces to benefit from GOAT 1(a)'s anomalous impact on the game.

I'm thinking that person will likely be AD.

-->
2681042, most people need a break from Finals appearances?
Posted by HecticHavoc, Wed Dec-05-18 04:25 PM
are you high on meth when you post?
2681046, yes. not everyone is built for that spotlight hype, year after year.
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-05-18 04:39 PM

-->
2681170, heavy is the head that wears the crown fam.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-07-18 05:46 AM
lets not act like vex is speaking some foreign language just to get a potshot in on him.

players have always been open about the grind of constant expectation, extended season after extended season, additional workload with the olympics, etc.

2681047, there's obviously some truth to what he is saying, but this line...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Dec-05-18 04:42 PM
sounds so damn bitchy:
"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points.
2681272, KD just keeping padding stats to the biggest bitch in sports title
Posted by kayru99, Sat Dec-08-18 08:00 PM
2681298, like, he could have gotten away with that in 2011
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Dec-09-18 09:21 AM
but now? after watching his bullshit for the last 2 seasons?

this might be one of the few times I'm like "shut up and dribble" w/r/t a NBA player
2681053, Part of the problem with playing with Lebron
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-05-18 05:19 PM
Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the other players get the blame when they lose.

With that said - KD sounds super hurt over...something.
2681054, when has this actually happened, in practice:
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-05-18 05:33 PM
>Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the other
>players get the blame when they lose.

LeBron has been blamed more than any other star in the game's history for Finals losses. People have put the blame front & center (referring to him as Le 3-6) - nobody trolls Kyrie, Wade, Bosh or Love for their shortcomings or lack of availability in the playoffs like they do LeBron.

When the Cavs lost to Boston prior to the Miami era - who got the blame? LeBron

When the Heat lost to the Mavs in the Finals - Bron was the center of the universe of hatred and the blame was heavier on him than any other star in the game's history.

When Wade played like trash in the Finals against the Spurs - nobody really said anything and it's a forgotten memory.

Love's average productivity in the playoffs over the course of multiple playoff runs is a lost memory - even though he didn't play well in the brightest moments. etc.. etc..

-->
2681059, That's how it works. Nobody blames Jordan for 1-9 w/out Pippen
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-05-18 07:14 PM
>Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the other
>players get the blame when they lose.
>
>With that said - KD sounds super hurt over...something.

That's how being a Mt. Rushmore player works.

Give them good teammates, and they win.

Jordan was awful and an embarrassing loser without
Pippen.
2681060, Not disagreeing.
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Dec-05-18 07:17 PM
But it's part of the reason I'm sure some people think twice about playing with him.
2681477, argh....angry Knicks fan
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Dec-10-18 02:16 PM
>>Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the
>other
>>players get the blame when they lose.
>>
>>With that said - KD sounds super hurt over...something.
>
>That's how being a Mt. Rushmore player works.
>
>Give them good teammates, and they win.
>
>Jordan was awful and an embarrassing loser without
>Pippen.

being disingenuous to make a point? how uncharacteristic.

NOBODY ever held 2007 Finals LeBron responsible for getting swept by the Spurs. SIDENOTE: Even THAT LeBron played better than 2011 LeBron.

Archiving wizards can locate it, but the battle cry was "HE NEEDS MORE HELP!!!"

Welp, in 2011 he got it, and he shit and wet the bed.

Your argument is too lame to run down line for line but
MJ getting Pippen in the 4th year of his career is not close to the same scenario. He also got Horace Grant on the team that year, but why let facts get in the way??

What the "MJ never won without Pippen" clowns always conveniently leave out is that Pippen never won without MJ, although he had a well tooled Blazers team that blew a 15 point lead to the Lakers in 2000. That was the time where Pip's leadership and experience SHOULD have sealed the deal, but hence, he wasn't an alpha.

2681493, Jordan was a stinking loser without Pippen. Cry, wimp.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Mon Dec-10-18 04:46 PM

ver won without Pippen" clowns always
>conveniently leave out is that Pippen never won without MJ,
>although he had a well tooled Blazers team that blew a 15
>point lead to the Lakers in 2000. That was the time where
>Pip's leadership and experience SHOULD have sealed the deal,
>but hence, he wasn't an alpha.

Uh. Nobody said Pippen is a Mt Rushmore great.

And Pippen's Bulls were actually damn fine without
Jordan. Elite-caliber even.

But that has nothing to do with it:

Jordan was a sorry loser until he got Pippen.
2681494, LOL you is a funny nigra with the playground insults, i'll give u that
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Dec-10-18 05:40 PM
So really, Pippen/Grant because they both came on board = suitable talent, because all he needed was some other solid players on the team. Which nobody has ever disputed is needed for a team to win.

The point is, LeBron gets over credited and under blamed, a slippery slope. And the NBA Jordan was one man teaming it with was decidedly more difficult than the one LeBron was "dragging bums" through rounds with.

>ver won without Pippen" clowns always
>>conveniently leave out is that Pippen never won without MJ,
>>although he had a well tooled Blazers team that blew a 15
>>point lead to the Lakers in 2000. That was the time where
>>Pip's leadership and experience SHOULD have sealed the deal,
>>but hence, he wasn't an alpha.
>
>Uh. Nobody said Pippen is a Mt Rushmore great.
>And Pippen's Bulls were actually damn fine without
>Jordan. Elite-caliber even.
Here's where niggas always love to overdo it. Good but not elite. First season they rode a great residual championship wave, had a great structure in place, and almost made it to the Eastern conference Finals, NOT the finals as revisionist overexcited Jordan haters will try to say.

Season 2, that team started treading water, funny thing about that year, HORACE GRANT had left. Kind of important piece, wasn't he?

Of course 55 points got dropped on the Knicks that spring, trying to remember who did it....#hurtlocker

>But that has nothing to do with it:
>
>Jordan was a sorry loser until he got Pippen.
He wasn't a loser and nobody is calling LeBron a loser. He WAS, however, a historically embarrassing CHOKER in 2011. And as soon as you can show me Jordan doing the same in a SIMILAR situation, with two ALL STAR/OLYMPIANS ON THE SAME TEAM, I'll gladly acknowledge your dazzling brilliance.
2681589, Pippen led a Jordan-less Bulls to damn near elite status. #DAMN
Posted by Orbit_Established, Tue Dec-11-18 03:32 PM

Jordan couldn't do doggie poo without Pip Elite

(C)Keith Murray, "
2681058, water is wet.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Dec-05-18 06:24 PM
2681062, Bwaahaha @ Durant outing himself as a Beta frontrunner
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-05-18 07:32 PM

Dude like:

"Fuck Lebron, I"m only gonna join a team with 3
other all-stars and no one playing my position"

Bwahahahhahhhahahhaahha

Dude nice but still

(C)Keith Murray, "
2681063, it's kayfabe. he'll be LeBron's teammate next year
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-05-18 08:17 PM
2681273, a 73 win team
Posted by kayru99, Sat Dec-08-18 08:02 PM
that his former squad had down 3-1 and folded against.
largely due to his nuttin up in the 4th quarter.

Dude wild
2681069, It’s a swerve
Posted by DJR, Wed Dec-05-18 10:10 PM
2681073, he's not wrong, but that's not his issue.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Dec-05-18 10:56 PM
KD can't figure out why LeBron gets respect as a man and he doesn't.

and it's because LeBron is the guy who got a huge tattoo across his shoulders that said "Chosen 1" and then left it to you to like that or not.

KD is the guy who got most of his tattoos in places his jersey covers. you just don't know what he's about, and we still don't, so the public doesn't dislike him, but they don't fuck with him like that.

and he doesn't understand why cuz he tried to do all the stuff that they said would make people like him

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2681087, he's mad that LeBron has fans.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Dec-06-18 08:08 AM
probably even madder that his fans plummeted after he joined a 73 win team like a new-age Ray Allen
2681164, dude gotta be livid
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-07-18 12:47 AM
he sonned lebron twice in the finals and NOBODY CARES
2681190, lol, Spurs had a whole billboard up in celebration
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-07-18 11:26 AM
KD beats him and it's like...crickets
2681191, dropped the series winner on him TWICE and it's like it didn't happen
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-07-18 11:40 AM

2681090, Good LORD that is SO spectacularly true in every way. Wow. n/m
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Dec-06-18 08:18 AM
>KD can't figure out why LeBron gets respect as a man and he
>doesn't.
>
>and it's because LeBron is the guy who got a huge tattoo
>across his shoulders that said "Chosen 1" and then left it to
>you to like that or not.
>
>
>KD is the guy who got most of his tattoos in places his jersey
>covers. you just don't know what he's about, and we still
>don't, so the public doesn't dislike him, but they don't fuck
>with him like that.
>
>
>and he doesn't understand why cuz he tried to do all the stuff
>that they said would make people like him
>

2681165, you see it. he's genuinely confused by how all this works.
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-07-18 01:38 AM
he got the rings, he beat lebron, he never did anything wrong and ....still not #1.

prolly not #1 on his own team

that shit gotta burn and he doesn't see how to change it

2681095, All Facts
Posted by Amritsar, Thu Dec-06-18 08:55 AM
Especially that last line.. OUCH

He really did everything by the PR book. But the corny just finds a way of shining through

like that Slim Reaper nickname should've stuck.
2681167, this is it
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Dec-07-18 02:31 AM
2681207, KD is pretty beloved out here in the Bay as it stands
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Dec-07-18 02:51 PM
No, he doesn't receive the same level of adulation as Steph, but no one will. Steph is probably the most beloved Bay Area sports personality in my lifetime not named Joe Montana.

KD is about the same level of beloved as Klay and Draymond; maybe ***slightly*** below, but that's not a dis to KD. Klay and Dray have played their entire careers here, do a lot of local charity work, have been out and about for years.

KD did all the right things since he got here. People ate up his tour of the Bay via BART. He works with Youth non-profits. Has been a solid citizen. He's just not ever going to be Steph. And he's been okay with that.
2681224, I think he'd be okay with being more beloved than steph
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Dec-07-18 05:31 PM
he ain't burning down buildings or anything, but there's a thing there.

2681218, Eggzacklee (c) Magic Johnson
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Dec-07-18 05:00 PM
Lowry's comments were on point here btw
2681489, +1
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Mon Dec-10-18 03:23 PM
2681086, RE: Is KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about..
Posted by hip bopper, Thu Dec-06-18 07:58 AM
He is right in a sense about no major star wanting to join forces with him. They will never get any shine being on the same team with him. It shows jealousy on the part of the stars in the league, because no other player in the league can go to ANY team and make them a serious contender by themselves. They all want to beat him, so why would they team up with him?

All of these statements are completely false because of who LBJ has won with. He has proved that he can play with a superstar and win. Bron is the brainchild of your organization wherever he goes, and I know that rubs others the wrong way. He is on a very short list of players that have won without a hall of fame coach. Even with all of the talk that Kobe is saying, he is on record for saying that the player that he would’ve like to play with is Bron.

All in all LBJ is in the best situation now because those guys want to play with him. I really hope that no other star wants to go to LA so that he can win with those guys there and further cement his legacy.
2681112, I dont think hes wrong but
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Thu Dec-06-18 12:05 PM
I think guys look at if they can still play their game with Bron
and some of the FA have skill sets that are slightly redundant
ie Butler, Kawhi, KD

KD success in GS is obvious w/ the overload of talent but I dont think
if KD wasn't versatile enough to be able to spot up, come off screens,
create, play fast and slow it down etc. it probably wouldnt work as
well. Along with Steph willingness to let go of the wheel.
Dude is as selfless as superstars come.

Bron play style isn't as varied. When he plays off ball he just kinda
of makes the pass to another facilitator and stands there which
makes it hard for guys w/ a redundant skill set to figure out how they
fit in.

That your turn my turn shit is wack. I would like to see Bron
operate out of the post more and pick teams apart when the double
comes. Or come off an off ball screen read to pull or dive into the
lane. But he is who he is and he has to have the ball which no one
should have a problem with.

I think he needs an AD type or a pre injury Boogie to complement
his skill set instead of PG, Jimmy, Kawhi type guys maybe a Kemba
2681116, I liked KD more when he wasn't saying so much
Posted by bentagain, Thu Dec-06-18 01:26 PM
Kinda funny that he does an interview about Lebron

...but blames the media...

?

Now sit back and watch the media run with the story

Dummie.
2681179, I'm in this line...
Posted by Creole, Fri Dec-07-18 10:21 AM
2681189, KD is basically X-Pac now
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-07-18 11:14 AM
I died laughing when the ATL fans were heckling him and he was like "shut up and watch the game" and the fans cheered because he acknowledged them
2681168, The Servant speaks the truth, to an extent
Posted by guru0509, Fri Dec-07-18 03:08 AM
No one wants to go to LA because its Lebron and a bunch of nobodies, with coaching uncertainty looming...

its the lakers so theyll be fine in the long run but for now, theyre stuck between a rock and a hard place

2681285, they will be OK, they will form a big 3 and try to make it work
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sat Dec-08-18 10:36 PM
I don't see LeBron attached to any of these guys yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sign a big name and trade for another this coming summer.
2681169, btw 15 years later and kobe is still shitting on smush parker lol.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Dec-07-18 05:37 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrDPUIBl3gl/
2681187, as he should, LOL
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Dec-07-18 11:13 AM
I remember my dude LBs Finest used to write SCREEDS about Smush, just as much as Kobe when he was an active player
2681208, as he should
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Dec-07-18 02:57 PM
2681495, Kobe the only reason I know what Smush look like
Posted by Cenario, Mon Dec-10-18 05:51 PM
and I've been on the same bball court as that nigga.
2681503, I posted on here YEARS ago about seeing Smush play in The Cage..
Posted by third_i_vision, Mon Dec-10-18 06:58 PM
One of the more savage performances I've seen in person. I know, it's just NYC street tournament shit, but it was right before he went to college and I had never heard of this dude. He hopped off the train and walked in during the second quarter, laced up his shoes, checked-in and fucking destroyed everybody. Immediately. The MC kept referring to him as "The Grim Reaper" and I had to ask somebody what the deal was.

Anyway, seeing him not only make the NBA, but to play alongside Kobe, was mind-bending. I was hyping him up to my friends, we'd watch Lakers games and Smush might get a sneaky-good dunk or two, but DAMN Kobe hated "THE GRIM REAPER."

And to dog him at every opportunity, even 15 years later...LMAO!!!