Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyeah that's dumb
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2680437&mesg_id=2680635
2680635, yeah that's dumb
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Sun Dec-02-18 04:39 PM

I am tired of the naked propaganda. I expect noted SEC cheerleaders like Clay Travis, Peter Burns, and Paul Finebaum to promote their base and have the pompoms out in full force. However, when Kirk Herbstreit says UGA should be #3 based on a close loss, it's disgusting. He just looks like a shill for ESPN's relationship with the SEC network and a conflict of interest. I noticed it was calculated that he said #3 as well so UGA and Alabama wouldn't meet in the first round. UGA has two good wins, over UF and UK, and was blown off the field by LSU. Nothing special and doesn't move the needle with an extra loss. They should have traded out Austin Peay, UMass, or Middle Tennessee for a strong P5 school to give their schedule some weight. Georgia Bulldogs and resume don't belong. Part of this is pushing the narrative that '18 Alabama is the best ever so UGA's "close loss" LOL counts for something. Nonsense,'95 Nebraska, '01 Miami, and '04 USC are better off of the top of my head in my lifetime.