Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThey are going to chip the hell out of Lawrence
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2680110&mesg_id=2680162
2680162, They are going to chip the hell out of Lawrence
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Wed Nov-28-18 01:30 PM
Dallas has a good defense and pass rush, but the thing is so do the Vikings and the Rams. Hunter and Donald registered zero sacks and a handful of pressures against the Saints because the quality of the Saints OL. The one caveat is that Armstead is hurt now and replaced by Bushrod. At his age, he's not the caliber of Armstead but Brees also gets rid of the ball so quickly too. Interesting theater.

The other side of the coin is that Cowboys have given up what? 38 sacks compared to Saints 11? Jordan and Rankins, who are both playing at a Pro Bowl level, have to like that.

Can Zeke run on the #1 or #2 rush defense in the NFL? Saints linebacking corps under Anzalone, Davis, and Klein is the best New Orleans has had in years. Can Dak pick on Eli Apple? Can the Cowboys stop Thomas, Kamara, and Ingram while understanding that Atlanta tried to do that and got 4 TDs scored on them by UDFAs. Brees just needs a small window. I mean that TD throw to Thomas against the Eagles was double covered extremely well but Drew still fit it in there. I don't know what else Philly could have done?

I think it is going to be a closer game than people think. For one, it is in Jerry World, and both teams always seem extremely motivated when they play. If New Orleans gets to 30, Dallas has a very tough road IMO. That offense is not built to get in a shootout. If there are some turnovers and it gets a bit sloppy keeping the score down, Cowboys have a good shot IMO.