Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe Game.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2679759
2679759, The Game.
Posted by brown sugar, Sat Nov-24-18 07:53 AM
leggo.
2679777, RE: The Game.
Posted by brown sugar, Sat Nov-24-18 02:12 PM
What happened to this board :(
2679780, Lol, the glory days are gone my friend
Posted by guru0509, Sat Nov-24-18 02:49 PM
>What happened to this board :(

.... but michigan still sucks
2679789, RE: Lol, the glory days are gone my friend
Posted by brown sugar, Sat Nov-24-18 03:30 PM
Yes we do. Glad to see you around and kicking on here at least — what a god damn ass kicking smh.
2679840, got caught up in the holidays and then traveling to ohio for the game
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Nov-25-18 08:09 AM
so couldn't start a thread

the board is the same it's just that most of the mich fans have left the building by now haha

I've been posting here for far too long...but I swear back in the day we had like 20 regular mich posters most of whom no longer rep.
2679916, zootown, legacy, ernestlee, docbombay, turkeylegjenkins, lol
Posted by guru0509, Mon Nov-26-18 09:28 AM
im forgetting a bunch

>I've been posting here for far too long...but I swear back in
>the day we had like 20 regular mich posters most of whom no
>longer rep.

we were farrrr outnumbered on this board lol...it was me you radin (rip) and numark going to battle vs all those people
2679785, this is a thorough whipping
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Nov-24-18 03:09 PM
Indiana found something with the crossing routes and it was not addressed this week. UMs LBs also think they are fast enough to duck under every pick-wheel, and they're not; no one is.

offense with unforced error after unforced error

they weren't ready, and OSU had both barrels loaded
2679787, some really bewildering 2p conv attempts
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Nov-24-18 03:17 PM
had they done nothing other than kick theyre down 14
2679788, As a Cal fan, I’m always happy to see Harbaugh lose
Posted by calij81, Sat Nov-24-18 03:29 PM
This Michigan offense is bad. Patterson keeps growing short and off his back foot in clean pockets.

Harbaugh chasing points.
2679792, those short throws have left +100 yards off the total
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Nov-24-18 03:48 PM
Donovan Peoples-Jones might be the fastest college football player in America and hes diving to pick balls 5 yards behins him
2679793, sheesh. id go for 70.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Nov-24-18 03:54 PM
2679794, Meko Collins has ridic hands
Posted by guru0509, Sat Nov-24-18 03:58 PM
2679795, they need to be tossing him 5-6 "500" balls a game
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Nov-24-18 04:11 PM
2679797, FRAUDS!
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sat Nov-24-18 04:32 PM
2679798, Harbaugh can't handle The Game. Urb lives for it.
Posted by will_5198, Sat Nov-24-18 05:11 PM
which is odd, since Harbaugh played at Michigan and beat Ohio State back then.

- Ohio State's offensive line played great. no splash plays by a hobbled Winovich or Gary (who gave them fits last year) and Haskins was kept clean pretty much the entire time. Haskins is bad when you get him off his spot and have him seeing ghosts, but when you let him sit back he has a surgeon's touch underneath.

- the Urban effect gave the defense some sort of weird confidence. you had maligned guys like Malik Harrison making plays and they held well enough for the offense to play with a lead.

- I guess we won't get to see Michigan shut down Tua and his first round receivers this year. Urban and Day pulled out Alex Smith's play wristband from 2004 and undressed the Wolverines with basic-ass read option and crossers. poor Don Brown squinting at the field like he's never heard of banjo coverage was just sad.

- Shea Patterson needs to take his ass back to school. dude getting credit for having 5 NFL receivers at Ole Miss last year, and riding this UM defense against overwhelmed teams.
2679804, How many blitzes did Dom call?
Posted by bshelly, Sat Nov-24-18 05:48 PM
Like, any?
2679832, so few.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Nov-25-18 01:17 AM
he had his lunch eaten
2679843, according to this pete thamel article I read
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Nov-25-18 08:16 AM
they had mich blitzing 75% of the time and haskins was just making great reads.

i dunno.
2679842, 0 sacks. this is what shocked me the most in what was a very shocking game
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Nov-25-18 08:15 AM

>- Ohio State's offensive line played great.

I thought they'd be in Haskins mug all game long and OSU would need to live off screen plays like they did vs PSU.

he had all day in the pocket and/or was able to rollout with ease.
2679856, You guys are the clear best team in the conference
Posted by bshelly, Sun Nov-25-18 02:09 PM
And you played at home.

And still, I have never seen a team collectively choke as much as Michigan, particularly along the defensive line.
2679802, As epic a bed shitting as you’ll see
Posted by bshelly, Sat Nov-24-18 05:46 PM
Start with Michigan’s defensive line and stop pointing fingers until you’ve pointed at the water boy. A complete meltdown.
2679803, Urban absolutely owns Harbaugh. He runs an AirBnB in Harbaugh's head.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Nov-24-18 05:48 PM
Incredible.
2679806, Kudos to Urban Meyer & OSU, they could of lost this game and
Posted by IsaIsaIsa, Sat Nov-24-18 06:13 PM
coasted to a 10-3/11-2 season, and honestly no one would of said shit about them losing to a GOOD Michigan team, it would of been over after the next 72 hours. But they came out and gave their best effort all season in the most IMPORTANT game of the season. Damn Good win.

www.Tupreme.com
2679814, RE: The GUILE.
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Nov-24-18 08:36 PM
damn.
2679819, O-H!!!!
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Nov-24-18 11:33 PM
2679831, you deserve it
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Nov-25-18 01:07 AM
2679841, thanks!
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Nov-25-18 08:11 AM
believe it or not this will probably be my first time ever rooting for mich in a bowl. assuming they go to the rose and play some wack pac 12 squad. not that mich losing a rose bowl is bad for business but I think they're a MUCH better team then whomever they will be matched up against.

I'm curious...which defense do you have ranked higher mich 2018 or 2016?
2679851, i would have said 2018 yesterday morning
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Nov-25-18 01:30 PM
but im thinking back to Speight giving OSU extra possessions in 2016 and the defense kept them with a chance to win

also, this defense has a ton of talent, but they are a little light on guys to go create turnovers with individual plays. No Jourdan Lewis or Jabrill Peppers. Ppl thought Khaleke Hudson was gonna step right in and be Peppers 2.0, and i honestly think he was atrocious yesterday. same on the DL. theres a ton of talent and its well coached, but they arent Taco and Mo Hurst.

They have really good players, and a scheme that works for them. But when the scheme broke down, nobody made a play
2679850, Congrats my friend! What a win, must feel great
Posted by calij81, Sun Nov-25-18 01:05 PM
I thought Ohio State had a good chance to win this game and always felt Patterson was overrated but you guys destroyed Michigan.
2679888, thanks!
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Nov-25-18 09:07 PM
was hesitating to go to this game but sure glad I did. was a bit surreal. all of the osu/mich games I've been to have been nail biters for the most part.
2679904, big ups to you and guru... the losses have now numbed me
Posted by brown sugar, Mon Nov-26-18 12:39 AM
the only thing i can take solace in is that the program, while
not where it arguably should be in year 4 of Harbaugh, is still
materially better than what it was when he took the job. it's
going to take a while to get the level of skilled playmakers
OSU has... just a huge gulf between the teams in that aspect
and who knows how long it will take to close.

*shrugs* at least now we don't have to get embarrassed by
bama?
2679940, that isnt the problem
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-26-18 10:28 AM
Hill, Long, Watson, Bush et al are all gonna light the combine on fire

as will DPJ, Collins, Black, Gentry, Evans, etc

that was a coaching problem. they still scored wayyyyyyy more than they should have needed to win, even with Patterson shorting everything and Gentry getting his Featherstone on.

their defensive gameplan was dead before the game started. nobody can cover man to man on crossing routes all day without pressure. im not even sure they registered a single sack. i never would have guessed that Don Brown would get taken to the woodshed even worse than PSU last year.
2679941, So Indiana shreds you on crossing routes
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 10:32 AM
You know good and goddamn well ohio state is gonna come out and cross route u to death. And they couldnt have been less prepared for that.

Absolute disgrace on that side of the ball.

Gentry really fucked that game. The drop where he got hurt was the ball game.
2679971, yep. OSU's 1st play was one IU ran like 10 times.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-26-18 01:52 PM
pretty embarrassing for that coaches' room imo

im so curious about what they did in practice all week lmao
2679972, RE: yep. OSU's 1st play was one IU ran like 10 times.
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 01:55 PM
>im so curious about what they did in practice all week lmao

So you think we should tighten up our crossing coverage?? Nah, theyll assume thats all we worked on this week and never run one.
2680026, i will say that they did one positive thing
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-26-18 09:11 PM
and thats integrating Evans into the offense

split wide, in the slot, in the backfield...all showed solid or better results
2680029, RE: that isnt the problem
Posted by brown sugar, Mon Nov-26-18 11:29 PM
agreed with the players you list but we don't have substantial
depth of game-breaking talent. OSU has 5*s oozing out its ass

we need burner slot WR's in particular.

all that being said, still agree with you and ceej on coaching.
2680036, i think it's kinda sorta coaching
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-27-18 12:06 AM
but really more of a philosophical problem. some of the talent issues can be rectified in short order...go find yourself a rondale moore or whomever. these guys grow on trees. whether harbaugh is just a shitty recruiter or they're simply not going after the types of players they need to be going after (philosophical problem) im not really sure. ive been saying this for years but if nothing else mich NEEDS a stud rb in their offense. bama has been going 3 deep with NFL power backs for how many years now? mich can't even find ONE.

harbaugh wants to run a bama offense circa 2012 but doesn't have the talent to do so. and even a guy like saban saw that his 2012 offense wasn't good enough and brought in talent and let their system evolve into the monster we see today.

most of these coaches are stubborn and loyal to a fault. harb certainly seems in this camp and doesnt seem to evolve from what might have been successful in 2008. it's a different game now.
2680038, correct.
Posted by will_5198, Tue Nov-27-18 01:11 AM
best coaches adapt to the times. Saban always says you have a philosophy on defense and mold your players to it, but on offense you need to cater to your personnel and not be rigid. he's also said he would *prefer* to keep running a dominating, ball-control offense like 2012, but he realizes that doesn't make much sense these days.
2680048, the offense has been changing more this year than the past 3 combined
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Nov-27-18 10:33 AM
UM eventually had a ton of modern spread concepts in the offense

they do want to be do that heavy stuff too, but they spread to run more often than not.

as far as backfield talent, thats not the problem. Higdon had the 2nd longest active 100 yard game streak in the country, and Evans looked good finally getting a chance to show his full range of stuff. what they really need are better tight ends. they have no one to seal an edge against a talented DE. Asiasi and Wheatley Jr were supposed to be those guys, but...
2680108, Man fuck that
Posted by bshelly, Tue Nov-27-18 09:27 PM
>agreed with the players you list but we don't have
>substantial
>depth of game-breaking talent. OSU has 5*s oozing out its ass

That’s an excuse to lose to them like penn state has the last two years. This loss had zero to do with talent. Your entire program choked.
2680030, RE: that isnt the problem
Posted by brown sugar, Mon Nov-26-18 11:29 PM
agreed with the players you list but we don't have substantial
depth of game-breaking talent. OSU has 5*s oozing out its ass

we need burner slot WR's in particular.

all that being said, still agree with you and ceej on coaching.
2680080, its mainly talent evaulation & coaching/unlocking their ability
Posted by guru0509, Tue Nov-27-18 03:32 PM

Chris Olave was a 3* WR from San Diego who wasnt even on the Buckeyes radar...Brian Hartline had to beg Urban Meyer/Ryan Day to offer him a scholarship.

>agreed with the players you list but we don't have
>substantial
>depth of game-breaking talent. OSU has 5*s oozing out its ass
>
>we need burner slot WR's in particular.
>
>all that being said, still agree with you and ceej on
>coaching.
2679927, RE: O-H!!!!
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 10:17 AM
brutal.
2679847, Shea Patterson looked like garb-aaage
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Nov-25-18 11:29 AM
2679852, short-arm pushes left SO much YAC on the field
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Nov-25-18 01:32 PM
DPJ has to dive at the ground to pick up a 4 yard flare on 3rd and 6?

players having to slide to catch balls with NO ONE around them

and the pocket panic. jesus.
2679857, he goes pro, he’ll be an Argonaut backup
Posted by bshelly, Sun Nov-25-18 02:09 PM
2679926, Wilton Speight will have a better NFL career. Fact.
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 10:16 AM
2679915, It's a great day to be a BUCKEYE.
Posted by guru0509, Mon Nov-26-18 09:25 AM
a few thoughts...

michigan hadn't won in Columbus in 18 years lmao..i was in high school when that last happened..you all really thought they would snap that this year? with Urban Meyer as an underdog????

LMAO

jim harbaugh running a 2003 jim tressel offense...even more hilarious

michigan was overrated ALL year long, and they will go on to lose whatever bowl game theyre in. mark it down. especially vs an SEC team

that defense is overrated as hell...especially the secondary. i think brandon watson will have nightmares from this game for the rest of his life. Indiana should have won last week (just like Maryland should have, tbh)

the osu secondary is trash but those refs were calling some bullshit too, especially the alleged PI on DPJ when he was clearly holding the DB..but whatever. and that one meko collins touchdown was clearly not a touchdown bc the ball was loose at the end but whatever.

shoutout to brown sugar for making this post...better luck in 2022.

2679924, I did what I needed to do
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 10:13 AM
There is nothing to say.

Dominated. period. shit performance. Didnt deserve to be on the same field.

Haskins goin 4-0.
2679934, Thanks for the donation to the kiddos. A true gentleman *tips cap*
Posted by guru0509, Mon Nov-26-18 10:24 AM
>There is nothing to say.
>
>Dominated. period. shit performance. Didnt deserve to be on
>the same field.
>
>Haskins goin 4-0.
2679937, Much better use of funds than owning a Revenge Tour tshirt
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 10:25 AM
2679974, Welp.
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Nov-26-18 02:00 PM
2679976, A tribute to the OG Wolverine killer
Posted by guru0509, Mon Nov-26-18 02:12 PM
https://twitter.com/OhioStateFB/status/1066864160984760320/video/1

I'm reading the comments on MGoBlog right now and my face hurts from smiling so hard....the absolute misery that everyone is in and the feelings of hopelessness are giving me so much life, i feel this glow

especially when I think back on 2012 and how we were robbed from playing in the title game vs Notre Dame...(we would have beat the shit out of manti teo w his imaginary girlfriend watching from the stands btw) ...michigan fans poured it ON with the "enjoy your bowl game" comments...

anyway...some of my favorites

Mongo November 24th, 2018 at 6:15 PM ^
Seriously, where does Michigan go from here? Why spend any more money on the football program. We should just milk it with a bunch of 9 or 10 win seasons and a nice bowl game each year - basically Wisconsin and Iowa. But playing for titles? We would need to find some bag men$ and let kids just "play school" to attract 5-star talent as we have no chance with our current academic, clean-guy standards. These kids want the NFL and could care less about an education or even a degree.

Go Blue 80 November 25th, 2018 at 7:50 AM ^
Jim, what do you say to the fans who dedicate 4 hours every Saturday to your team and spend countless dollars supporting your program, only to be rewarded with an effortless garbage performance with high school level preparation by the coaching staff in the biggest game in 2 years?

dgnick80 November 24th, 2018 at 10:19 PM ^
Even Rich Rods and Brady Hokes team kept OSU to fewer points.

Sec tion 39 Row 45 November 24th, 2018 at 9:21 PM ^
I think my soul died during the 4th quarter.....

BlueinLansing November 24th, 2018 at 11:47 PM ^
I blame all of Ohio's obsession with beating Michigan. They spend 365 days a years working to beat Michigan, their band sings"don't give a damn" every day. Sunday fucking Morning Ohio State will have a practice to beat us for next year. They live to beat us. Until we have that single minded focus we'll never do it again when it matters.

Go Blue 80 November 24th, 2018 at 9:07 PM ^
Where was the hype machine Rashan Gary today? Another underachiever like Peppers.

Erik_in_Dayton November 24th, 2018 at 6:56 PM ^
I’m done watching this game. I’m not interested in being Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. It’s like watching a Civil War reenactment. It represents a once great contest whose result is now just a formality.

Harbaugh is a very good coach and the best fit for Michigan. But Meyer is a great coach, and Michigan will be lucky to beat him one out of every eight tries.

His Dudeness November 24th, 2018 at 6:10 PM ^
Eh fuck it. Fire them all. Keep them all. I don't give a damn. All I know is I'm not wasting my money and my life on this bullshit team and sport anymore. Maybe they fix it, maybe they don't and it's the SEC circle jerk forever and ever amen. Enjoy the house of cards. I'm out . I have better things to do.

CompleteLunacy November 24th, 2018 at 6:33 PM ^
I did about the same thing when it was 14-6 and Michigan responded with a quick 3 and out. You could see where the game was going a mile away. I shut the game off and just laid down for awhile. Got up to eat right before the 2nd half started. Turned on the game knowing it was close, but I still was mentally checked out because we've all seen this script before. The game felt like every other OSU win in the past. The only reason it was "close" at the time was because of OSU penalties and a terrible muffed kickoff return.

But once mentally checked out, it was much easier to watch the 2nd half implosion.

This is life now. I don't care if Michigan goes into The Game next year 11-0...I'm done thinking things are different from now on, until they actually win the fucking game.

2679978, i love schadenfreude even as it relates to my own rooting interests
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-26-18 02:21 PM
I genuinely appreciate you compiling this lol
2679980, LOL. fuck.
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 02:24 PM
2679984, i just don't know why UM fans thought it'd be different this year
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Nov-26-18 02:35 PM
maybe not on here, but just on other sites i've seen and convos i've had. i've followed both teams pretty closely this year, OSU moreso just because they're more fun to watch. and even after seeing OSU get gashed week after week after week, i never had a doubt in my mind they'd roll UM off the field. that vanilla shit UM runs w/ their average QB and skill players doesn't stand a chance.
2679989, they were confident on here too...i didnt understand it either
Posted by guru0509, Mon Nov-26-18 02:53 PM
>maybe not on here, but just on other sites I've seen and
>convos i've had. i've followed both teams pretty closely this
>year, OSU moreso just because they're more fun to watch. and
>even after seeing OSU get gashed week after week after week, i
>never had a doubt in my mind they'd roll UM off the field.
>that vanilla shit UM runs w/ their average QB and skill
>players doesn't stand a chance.

they hadn't seen a team with as many athletes as us all season long, and the only other team that recruits as well as them on their level, they lost to (ND)

the good thing about our defense is it can't get any worse. We might give up 50 a game, but if we're clicking we can score 52 a game and win (ie Maryland). I am now hoping we make the playoff lol, (also hoping our O line continues to play like *that*)

I expect Urban to try and run up the score vs northwestern the way they did vs Wisconsin in 2015 when Cardale started...TCU and michigan are good wins but that Purdue loss smells like a rotting fish to the committee..who knows.

I'm the biggest Tom Herman/Longhorn fan this week though, I know that much.
2679991, The horrible michigan state game had me walking like McGrergor
Posted by Ceej, Mon Nov-26-18 02:54 PM
to the bar on Saturday.

Ah well.
2680025, they played like shit and scored 39 points
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Nov-26-18 09:09 PM
2681198, LOL, please. 14 of those were gifted. that offense was subpar
Posted by guru0509, Fri Dec-07-18 02:06 PM
>
2680033, the um players/coach are far more egregious than the fanbase
Posted by 3xKrazy, Mon Nov-26-18 11:47 PM
and i think that's where the fanbase gets it from (though the okp contingent is not that bad and pales in comparison to the rest of the internet)

I just dont understand guys like higdon running their mouths on twitter and guaranteeing wins, starting pregame scuffles and the like. they just really seem to lack any degree of self awareness.

they do the shit every year and it's always the same result.
2680043, Our fanbase is huge and spread all over the country, so there's
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Nov-27-18 09:48 AM
a pretty large range of how we are in general. Even among actual alumni there's a wide range on the realistic/hyperbolic spectrum.

But in my experience, alumni who are still in the midwest are pretty reserved and realistic while alumni who aren't from here and some of the fans who never went to Michigan are the craziest.
2680098, agreed
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-27-18 04:55 PM
>a pretty large range of how we are in general. Even among
>actual alumni there's a wide range on the realistic/hyperbolic
>spectrum.
2680060, well Higdon's "guarantee" was super duper hedged
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Nov-27-18 12:48 PM
it wasnt Walter Smith in 1994. that dude didn't even play in the game altho Michigan did deliver lol

i dunno. Higdon is easily an all big 10 player, and not at all a talker. if thats what he needs to do i dont care much
2680097, it's not just higdon
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Nov-27-18 04:54 PM
who admittedly was goaded into that by the reporter asking the question
2680128, see this kinda shit ain't normal
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Nov-28-18 09:10 AM
https://twitter.com/CWGCLEBuckeyes/status/1067590767512887297

whether it's mike hart parroting the same loser garbage after the game or jim harbaugh blaming the 2016 loss on the referees...it never ends and the fan base latches onto this and runs with it.

I've seen mich fans on messageboards who know the actual names of the various officiating crews because they know which ones have wronged them in the past and will continue to 'cheat' for whomever is playing mich that day. I really don't see this type of thing with other fan bases.
2681094, i would never say thats not absurd
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Dec-06-18 08:54 AM
and if i ever post on mgoblog, a third of the time its to call out absurdity like that

and tbh i dont mind harbaugh bitching about the refs like that. there were game swinging (non)calls in the last game of the season, and i dont even mean the spot. if you think you were fucked the players do too. seasons over, might as well unload.

2681222, I've never heard Urban whine about officiating
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Dec-07-18 05:18 PM
or deflect responsibility after a loss. and OSU has gotten fucked over on bad calls over the years the same way every other team has. mich fans seem to feel like their team is the only one subject to bad officiating. again, they take on the persona of their coach.

it's a question of what kind of culture you want to instill in your program and the little things matter.

and the season wasn't over in 2016. mich had a big bowl game to play in and they got rolled.
2680020, I don't care much about Michigan succeeding or failing
Posted by will_5198, Mon Nov-26-18 08:31 PM
but MGoBlog is such an online treasure

the craziness that ensues when they go on a run is hyperbole at its finest

and when they lose it's the most online pity party ever

I guess every fanbase is like that to a degree, but it's just neatly compiled and so consistent on MGoBlog
2680028, That's every big cfb wesbite ever.
Posted by brown sugar, Mon Nov-26-18 11:27 PM
if you think mgoblog is bad, you should check out NDNation,
RCMB or some of the PSU sites lol.

But yes, UM fans are, in many respects, delusional (myself
included).
2680035, nah these dudes are different.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Mon Nov-26-18 11:49 PM

>I guess every fanbase is like that to a degree,

especially taking into account how much they lose
2680031, lol this is great
Posted by brown sugar, Mon Nov-26-18 11:30 PM
2681077, there might be even more pressure on jim harbaugh to win it in 2019
Posted by guru0509, Thu Dec-06-18 12:54 AM
new qb for the buckeyes

new coach

playing in the big house w the entire offense coming back (minus higdon who isnt that good to begin with

can you imagine if harbaugh starts off 0-1 under a new regime in columbus....

im giddy with excitement
2681084, ohio has the packers on the schedule next season?
Posted by Ceej, Thu Dec-06-18 07:40 AM
2681132, i always figured he go to the dolphins
Posted by guru0509, Thu Dec-06-18 06:39 PM
but yea he's definitely headed back to the nfl soon
2681096, there will be less pressure cause nobody is really gonna give a shit
Posted by 3xKrazy, Thu Dec-06-18 08:57 AM
after this season's annihilation. the hype for mich and their chances in the game this year was turnt up to the max. nobody's falling for it again.

harbaugh is who he is at this point. the mystique is gone.
2681134, i disagree...theyll be foaming at the mouth again next november
Posted by guru0509, Thu Dec-06-18 07:24 PM
>after this season's annihilation. the hype for mich and their
>chances in the game this year was turnt up to the max.

i dont know if the stakes will be larger than what they were this year (playoff implications etc)

but theyre going to work themselves into a fever pitch on why this is their year, and its going to be same result.

>nobody's falling for it again.
>
>harbaugh is who he is at this point. the mystique is gone.

theyre charlie brown. they will always fall for it
2681220, it will be a big deal locally, as always.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Dec-07-18 05:10 PM
but not nationally. I just don't think people care anymore.
2681136, if UM does win, won't the luster be off because of a new OSU regime?
Posted by PROMO, Thu Dec-06-18 08:35 PM
i'd think so.

also, we'll see you in the Rose Bowl (where we'll lose barring an all-time performance from Jake Browning which uhhhh...well, yeah).
2681137, nah theyre starved and desperate for a win
Posted by guru0509, Thu Dec-06-18 08:40 PM
>i'd think so.
>
>also, we'll see you in the Rose Bowl (where we'll lose barring
>an all-time performance from Jake Browning which uhhhh...well,
>yeah).

in 2011, when denard and co beat a 6-7 TOSU team (fresh off Tressels firing) they acted like they won a national title

and yes, i want to see haskins vs that secondary...and if our defense has gotten any better as well
2681221, a win is a win. the rivalry predates Urban and it doesn't leave with him.
Posted by 3xKrazy, Fri Dec-07-18 05:13 PM
i think it's more of an issue of how it effects harbaugh's legacy. he was brought to mich to beat urban and got his lunch handed to him. that 0-4 will stay with him forever.
2681228, beating John Cooper never got old, so no.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Fri Dec-07-18 06:15 PM
thats the best part of this rivalry. no one or ones define it. not even woody and bo.
2681200, Harbaugh getting trolled by players parents now lol
Posted by guru0509, Fri Dec-07-18 02:26 PM

https://twitter.com/RIP_JEP/status/1070791318706769922

https://twitter.com/RIP_JEP/status/1070799859257696256

2681499, Winovich calls OSU "a mirage"
Posted by 3xKrazy, Mon Dec-10-18 06:20 PM
what is with these clowns

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Michigan-Wolverines-Chase-Winovich-Ohio-State-126137117/

ANN ARBOR — The Michigan football players haven't had many opportunities to discuss the catastrophic loss to Ohio State other than postgame and one media opportunity to discuss the acceptance to the Peach Bowl. Of course, when placing Chase Winovich in front of a microphone at any given moment, you're bound to receive a nugget or two of information that can be used going forward.

Winovich was asked what he would say to U-M quarterback Shea Patterson about returning to the football program next year for his senior year. After telling reporters that Winovich would do what's best for Patterson, he broke off into a tangent about the team and what happened during the last game of the season completely unprompted.

"I would say to any recruit or any potential guy that sees maybe what happened in the Ohio State game or is persuaded against coming here because of that, I would say that alone is a mirage and what we've built here is a powerhouse. That's the Michigan I'm leaving. A Michigan that's headed in this trajectory where the sky is the limit. Not to quote Buzz Lightyear here but it's infinity and beyond with what we're working with here. Shea knows that. Shea knows that limitless potential. He could deal with that how he pleases."

So what exactly makes the performance a 'mirage' exactly? Winovich's explanation is simple, the team simply had an off day and realizes it's not the best excuse. To have an off day during the most important game of the year is something to look back at fondly. However, Winovich believes he is leaving the program in better hands than how he found it and, in regards to the future, the program will remember what happened that day in Columbus.

"I would say the game didn't go—we didn't have our best game that day, obviously, I don't think anybody wouldn't say that," Winovich said. "It wasn't us. It happened, it is what it is and we're going to look it in the face. It wasn't us being way worse than Ohio State, we just had a bad day and they capitalized on it. Just like we've been doing, we're coming back stronger and we're going to remember this next year."
2681501, Lol
Posted by guru0509, Mon Dec-10-18 06:37 PM
That kid who flipped to Bama definitely didn't think it was a mirage

Also lol @ this

>"I would say to any recruit or any potential guy that sees
>maybe what happened in the Ohio State game or is persuaded
>against coming here because of that, I would say that alone is
>a mirage and what we've built here is a powerhouse. That's the
>Michigan I'm leaving
>
>"I would say the game didn't go—we didn't have our best game
>that day, obviously, I don't think anybody wouldn't say that,"