Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectcurrently- Cusp Tier.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2677386&mesg_id=2677449
2677449, currently- Cusp Tier.
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Wed Oct-31-18 01:21 PM
Yeah, I said it, CUSP.

Like, fanboy me wants to say he's top five. And he's been there in years past.

Right Today? He's not honestly top five. Not clearly. Cusp. Like if you ask ten mofos right now on the street the best 5pg's in the league today, prolly only 4 dudes would put him there max. If he was truly top five, it'd be 9/10.

Right Today? Nigga cusping like shit. And he does this every year, cause the Wizards do this every year- start like dog shit, go on a streak, end up winning in the mid 40's and drawing a 5-6 seed.

Right Today? Curry, Westbrook, Irving, Lillard, Paul. Then Regular Season Lowry, then some amalgam of Wall/Kemba/Conley. Haven't seen much Simmons so I won't speak on him.

Wall two years ago could edge out or at least draw even with Irving and Lillard. As always, it's his lack of shooting ability that keeps him cusping.

If it were me, i'd tell him to just about abandon anything but his mid-range from the right of the key, cause nothing else drops for him but that shot. Just keep driving the lane, finding your teammates, and tell Brooks "fuck you" on their bogus ass switches on D and specialize in being a defensive dog like Payton.

Even in a pg-centric era where lights out shooting is expected, driving finishes, continued excellence in passing AND top tier defensive abilities (IF he can ever push it there) would finally cement him as elite.

But he ain't. He's a perennial second tier all star who is very very good but lives on 19 & 9.5 Cusp Tier Lane NW, Washington D.C. 20004.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.