Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectaiight, i'll rank
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2675060&mesg_id=2675662
2675662, aiight, i'll rank
Posted by thejerseytornado, Mon Oct-15-18 01:04 PM

Shawn--Free Willy. Doesn't even need it though, with Rondo and Curio and Rubio and breakout Caris Levert (who I woulda taken instead of Nerlens and debated that trade until Rozier fell to me). Plus Giles looks like a solid pick.
Ernie: I accept it. Ernie's good at this. but remember when he was bad? Those were the good days.
Me--holy shit, Nerlens was a decent pick. whoa. Look, we all know my Fs will outscore your Fs w/ Giannis and Kawhi alone. My Cs will likely compete w/ yours. the question is will my many young guards combine into a functional G rotation. I, obviously, say yes.
Ryan--BOBAN! and he might get minutes. But...where...are...the...forwards? High injury risk w/ guards, but if it works out, russy just wins 20 games on his own anyway in .ws
Boogs--a classic boogs team, solid, reliable players. But with the twist of a couple unknowns who could vault him up if Lauri or Bagley or JJ do what people think they can. Kinda needs 2 of those 3 to do it. I think they do. probably could/should rate higher cuz boogs.
Theo: uhh...you only have 3 guards on your roster. better waiver wire like whoa. but once theo does get a 4th guard, potentially dominant.
Cenario--Bad team k-love? nice. Not sure Lowry performs as well with Kawhi as he did w/ Demar, but we'll see. How is JJ Barea good for this now?
LA--returning with that Houston love. Some really good guys but man, half of your forward minutes will be 1.0 or lower.
MrHood--a lot of risk of regression. but if they don't all regress, Embiid+Blake-injury = contender.
AB--I get the hype when you have 2 legit 1.6 FPPM high minutes guys. That's a ton of points. But then there's a lot of low minutes F and C (Monroe, Henson, and Zeller all might end up being DNP/15 minute guys and Diallo's in a minutes crunch) and "bounceback" Conley is at best likely a 1.1 (he's been 1.2 ONCE) and there are zero high upside guards. All goes well and it's a beast of team. but it could be a house of cards
basa--solid squad. y'all hated too much
DJR--after Kyrie, really hoping for some efficiency improvement from some gunners. I don't think it'll happen. Need Vuc to keep getting 30 minutes per game and after Draymond hoping for a F to emerge.
smurf--we waited that long...for this? and y'all say i have bad guards? you must all believe in Fultz's jumper like whoa.
ceej--praying Lonzo gets minutes, because the guards after him and booker are...oof. but Jokic can make up for some bad end of rotation minutes.
TRBO--yeah, UK, yeah rookies have trended up in the league. but 3 rookies and De'Aaron becoming efficient? too many risks, not enough coverage if too many don't succeed. Plus no big scoring C.
magilla--look, if he survives till Demarcus makes it he'll have a...slightly above average squad in January.
Gonzo--nope, I don't believe in fluke Trey Burke. And uhh...needs G minutes
DVS--it's become a theme, and not just cuz my Fs are beastly, but...yikes...those forwards tho. and none have upside. Will Shaq Harrison even see the floor? Will Trae Young be a Lonzo Ball stat stuffer or a usual rookie G? I lean toward useful but not useful enough

-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia