Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRB Parris Campbell, Ohio State
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2679608
2679608, RB Parris Campbell, Ohio State
Posted by will_5198, Wed Nov-21-18 12:04 AM
I know, he's listed as a wide receiver, but he should really consider a move to the backfield. I haven't seen much evidence he can function outside the hashes in an NFL offense; he looks unnatural.

His "routes" are as if someone from a different sport was running them, with no direction at all. I've watched him jog through zone coverages like a kid lost in the mall. Hands are just as spotty, while he contorts his body to passes in the most awkward ways possible. And he's a senior!

On the positive side, he can break one at any time with his speed. If he gets into the right offense, with a proper screen game (Andy Reid), he could do damage. It'd be more productive to give him a few outside zone runs and get him linebacker-matched in coverage, rather than trying to turn him into a guy that can beat NFL corners. Because I don't think he can do the latter.

+ Easy acceleration and can score six off one wrong angle
+ Thick lower body, runs with strength and leverage (6'1, 208)
+ Faster Ty Montgomery

- Mud-walks in and out of breaks, I counted three-Mississippi watching him turning his body on a pivot route
- Has to hide his way into being open: quick screens, flat passes off motion and clear-out drags
- Doesn't show average receiving ability in any aspect of the position