Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOLB Oshane Ximines, Old Dominion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2679294
2679294, OLB Oshane Ximines, Old Dominion
Posted by will_5198, Sun Nov-18-18 02:02 PM
Solid prospect. He's not going to satiate those looking for the next uber-rusher from outside the Power 5, because he lacks overwhelming size-speed-movement traits. He does use his hands well, and flashes some speed and counter ability, which makes me think he'd be better served standing up all the time.

I actually wish he'd speed rush more, because he gets attached to his inside moves and can get lost in a crowd. He's also a bit tight in the waist, and his movements have a segmented look to them -- the best rushers get off the line, make their move, then close on the quarterback in one fluid series of motions. Not as much with him.

So like I said, a defender worthy of attention but not a game-wrecking talent.

+ Productive year after year (12 sacks in 2018, 8.5 sacks in 2017, 7.5 sacks in 2016)
+ Has moments of twitch and burst; his tip-into-one-handed interception against Marshall this season was special
+ Attacks through his hands and uses variety to beat offensive tackles, not just speed

- Athletic testing will be huge for him; his wingspan does not look elite
- Plays with a hand down but due to his poor lower body strength, he won't last as a run-defending lineman