Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWR Kelvin Harmon, NC State
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2677914
2677914, WR Kelvin Harmon, NC State
Posted by will_5198, Mon Nov-05-18 12:34 AM
Here we go. In a quieter year for offensive players, I really like his game. He's got WR1 size (6'3, 213) with smooth movements, yet still retains that downfield explosiveness. This comparison is thrown around too much and usually without basis, but his lankiness and stealthy burst is a shadow of A.J. Green (he ain't that good, though).

Best part about him is how surprisingly tough he is. There are bigger receivers in this class -- a lot of them, actually -- but he goes up for the ball like the meanest kid in recess. He shrugs off contact through the catch-point, and once he has a clearing in the open field, he punishes defenders. I've seen cornerbacks actually bounce off and hurt themselves trying to kill-shot him in the air.

There's not a jaw-dropping awe when you watch him, but there's hardly any flaws to point out either. He can get open against any coverage, he's fast enough, he's tall enough, he's strong enough, and he's really good at making your quarterback's job easier. Sounds like a reliable lead option to me.

+ Innate ability to adjust to throws; reacts quickly while ball is in flight and gets in best position possible, even when off-target
+ Same high-level awareness on the sidelines, with NFL footwork (toe taps) and body control (corpse-falls)
+ Huge wingspan and snags passes like he has eagle talons
+ Line him up anywhere across the field; he can attack short-intermediate-deep levels
+ Long-striding YAC bully who is routinely underestimated

- As good as he is winning contested catches, there are a few games where he has odd drops
- Above-average at everything, but might lack that "takeover" trait that elite NFL receivers have