Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOLB Trevon Hill, Virginia Tech
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2674013&mesg_id=2674020
2674020, OLB Trevon Hill, Virginia Tech
Posted by will_5198, Thu Sep-27-18 10:15 PM
Man, what a first step. He is instant pressure off the edge, with a get-off that's as good as anybody playing for free right now. If you can be in the backfield before most linemen can even lift their hands, I'm interested. After I saw him use a perfect rip-and-dip to bend the corner, I got really interested. And when I watched him throw in a spin move, I was sold -- first rounder for sure.

But the more you watch him, the shine comes off him a bit. He can get very predictable as a rusher, overrunning the pocket and stalling when he can't beat the initial block. His balance ranges from fantastic to awful, as he's on the ground more than you want to see. He doesn't have a go-to inside counter either, so once linemen start adjusting to his speed he can disappear for long stretches.

That first step though. A precious enough a commodity to overlook a lot of sins.

+ Hands can be very good, and has a rip move that is first-class
+ Plays hard, and outruns backs and other linebackers in open field pursuit
+ Best football may be ahead of him; only 12 career sacks, but half of those have come in his last six games

- Kicked off the team this season after three games, which is a big flag considering his talent and how bad a shape the defense is in
- Tries to slide around too many blocks in the run game and will look like he fell into a sinkhole when he has to hold the edge
- NFL tackles will wall him off if he doesn't learn more techniques as a pass rusher