Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: For me, it's all in how believable it is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2672609&mesg_id=2679799
2679799, RE: For me, it's all in how believable it is
Posted by Af-1, Sat Nov-24-18 05:15 PM
Yes, that Charlotte winning that title in that triple threat I think hurt her more than anything in that she officially crossed over into the Cena/Roman category. It's kinda why I get people reacting to her the way they did.

I have to say though the Charlotte/Rousey thing still doesn't make sense to me. I get that it's weird Rhonda is champ so soon - I'm a big fan of the hero's journey so for her to be champ without having faced Sasha, Charlotte, Becky, Bayley, Asuka... seemed silly. But I struggle to be able to fault her personally or anything she's done since joining WWE. I get people don't like the smiling, the ring attire, but she gives 100% and she did amazingly in that Charlotte match so deserved better than to be boo'ed by people after taking that beatdown.

And as relates to Charlotte, is she even an actual heel right now? She acted like one after the match but nothing that happened on Smackdown indicates that she is. I don't get why Paige didn't chew her out: she technically shamed the brand by her actions, basically threw in the towel instead of fighting til the end, but has received nothing but praise and cheers. I'm baffled by it.

I was talking to a friend who said they'd need to turn Rhonda heel if she's going to face Becky at Mania but I don't even know what that would entail - would they have her turn on a face like Sasha and beat the hell out of her - with the current trend that would just make Rhonda really popular and have people boo'ing Sasha like Rhonda before her, and Charlotte before that.