Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFor me, it's all in how believable it is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2672609&mesg_id=2679747
2679747, For me, it's all in how believable it is
Posted by Selassie I God, Fri Nov-23-18 04:10 PM
>I get why fans rejected Becky's heel turn and cheer the hell
>out of her, but I have no idea why Charlotte is being cheered
>at the moment...
>
>Realising she can't beat Rousey, she gets herself DQ'ed, beats
>the hell out of her with a Kendo stick, a chair, Pillmanises
>her neck and is cheered out of the building while Rhonda is
>boo'ed. Then Charlotte comes out on Smackdown, is cheered,
>praised by Paige for her actions, is victorious against Billie
>Kay, challenges Royce, and is still cheered.
>
>If the rules have changed, then why are people booing Daniel
>Bryan?
>
>I honestly can't connect with fans' logic at the moment.

Becky was tired of Charlotte's getting shine on a McMahon-esque level...kicked her ass. (though her getting cheered bothers me a bit, it is as much a factor of fans being tired of Flair overkill as anything else)

Charlotte obliterates rousey and gets cheered is basically the same thing...Rousey being force-fed the title for no reason besides the fact that her name is Rousey is corny at best...Rousey's character sucks and Flair is decent on the mic and knows the business.

Bryan's turn is contrived. Loved by all for so long, then out of nowhere he beats up A.J. Styles for no reason and makes with the half crazy stare afterwards...it simply doesn't make any sense, especially with the timing of it just before a major PPV and a match against Strowman. No story to support the turn, just kick in the nuts, win the belt, and beat up Styles after the match. Compare that with Ambrose's turn...conflict for weeks, followed by resolution, then finally after winning the tag belts, he jumps Rollins and leaves him laying in the ring. You could see it coming, but there were also things that made it look like it wouldn't happen, then BOOM 0 heel Ambrose. Bryan basically left the WWE hanging over Crown Jewel, then gave himself a title shot and nut-shotted a win. Most don't think A,J, deserved that treatment, so Bryan got the heel treatment.

For me personally, becky Lynch's turn and her character aferwards are perfect. She's playing it a bit over the top, but for what she's doing, it fits. Charlotte's turn...I'm feeling it becuse she jacked up rosey, but otherwise I really don't care either way. It's obvious to me that it's the start of the "Road to WM" for them, so whatever, just do whatever and keep it movin'.It would take her to do some real devious stuff for me to back her as a heel (maybe riding with Lynch and startig a heel faction) Bryan, at least as of now, doesn't have the "heel magic" for me to root for him. It just doesn't feel right.