Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: So let down by how they ruined this event
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2672609&mesg_id=2677002
2677002, RE: So let down by how they ruined this event
Posted by Selassie I God, Sun Oct-28-18 01:10 PM

>I mean in reality the ultimate equal treatment for Men and
>women is treating all these storylines like crap and
>presenting us a C level PPV full of pre show matches just like
>the men get most months, but people are going to point to this
>terrible PPV as proof that women's wrestling is not good
>enough.
>

For me...this is what is wrong with WWE in general...total mismanagement of the talent available. Grabbing all of the top talent just so that no one else has it to use, then putting it on the shelf for no good reason.

Honestly however, I'm not sure that there is enough here to make a top shelf PPV of women alone. Your top two matches should be the title matches, and while Becky vs Charlotte should be very good, it's been done to death over the last couple months with all the corny extra stuff (the training enter...seriously??). Rousey is not good enough to be champion, and having her fight a has-been like Nikki Bella is just weak and tired as a showcase match.

I've made it quite clear how I feel about these relic matches, and Lita and Stratus are no exception...hell, Thickie James is borderline relic.

Then, in the laziest booking move they could muster, let's take all of our talent and put them in a battle royal so that no one can showcase their talents. Why would we showcase Asuka, or Sasha, or Bayley, or Ember Moon, or Naomi, or anyone else on the main roster??

I don't have the network, so I don't know what to expect from the NXT title matches or the Mae Youbg classic, but that kind of makes my point. They've chosen to spotlight matches of people not on their roster over their own talent, effectively burying them all. It makes zero sense to me, and I most likely won't bother watching this PPV at all. They want to highlight the womens movement, then do as little a s possible to support it when they give it the spotlight....dumb as a box of rocks.