Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I guess I'm alone with this, but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2672609&mesg_id=2675858
2675858, RE: I guess I'm alone with this, but...
Posted by Af-1, Wed Oct-17-18 06:22 AM
I find it difficult to argue with a lot of your points but I do think there's a line between her in-ring work and how she's booked.

I really like her in the ring. I get the smiling thing irritates a lot of people but as far as I can see, as soon as the bell rings, she's all go. Her facial expressions, her selling, it all comes together as being focused and respectful. I definitely wouldn't have given her the title within her first year. She didn't specifically need it - her matches/feuds generate enough interest in themselves and I'm always a believer that the title should be a long and arduous road for any (new) competitor.

She shouldn't have squashed Bliss - Bliss has worked hard over the last few years and deserved better than that. Again though, that's down to the booking and not her.

That's Vince though - Vince really doesn't help with that mindset non-wrestling fans have that wrestling is fake and the guyrs aren't tough. Every celebrity who steps up to a wrestler nearly always wins - Arnold beat Hunter, Joe Mangaliano (sp?) beat up Miz, Flo Rida bullied Heath, Will F'n Shatner beat down Road Dogg... then Brock comes in with the "legitimate" UFC background, ends the streak, ethers Cena, then dominates the roster for like 4 years. Rhonda hasn't been that bad but she was always going to own the women like Brock owned the men. That mindset doesn't help anyone in my opinion.

I also 100% agree that she needs more work - I appreciate NXT would've been a bit weird for her to go to considering how big a name she is but it would've helped her tremendously.

Saying all that though, I think she's great. She should be competing weekly though as it will only help her, and please stop having her beat up security guards - I think this is the third time now?!