Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm confused by it for sure
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2672609&mesg_id=2675682
2675682, I'm confused by it for sure
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Oct-15-18 03:55 PM

Trish Stratus wrestling in 2018 is not as stupid as a DX vs Taker/Kane match. In theory, getting so many people involved in such a landmark show makes sense.

My issue is just that all of these girls today are *way* better than Trish Stratus or any of her peers were. Like, Ivory was good...but Charlotte is the best talent in the company. At no point could you have ever made that kind of claim for Lita or Trish Stratus. Even AJ Lee, I know people loved her, but she doesn't hold a candle to Becky Lynch or Asuka or Charlotte in the ring.

So my gripe is not that they're trotting out all of these women from years ago. It's that, if we're being honest, those women weren't really that special to begin with...and asking them to go in these big spots when they haven't gone consistently in years just confuses me.

PS: if they don't somehow acknowledge Chyna as part of this show that's bogus. For all the credit they give Lita and Trish Stratus, Chyna was the first true female attraction on the show.