Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHBK is my all time favorite. My pick for the in-ring GOAT.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2672609&mesg_id=2675113
2675113, HBK is my all time favorite. My pick for the in-ring GOAT.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Oct-09-18 10:09 PM
Frankly, I don't think Ric is close as an in-ring performer (though Ric certainly eclipses Shawn as a character), and Shawn's only real comp in that department is Angle, Eddie, and AJ.

I was ok with the cheesy Dad-DX era because he was still a premier performer.

He had two definitive career chapters, that, if each were taken on their own, still sons most wrestlers entire careers.and still beats out plenty of greats.

When taken as a whole, his in-ring career has a ridiculously short list of competitors.

As far as career endings go, he went out at a point in his career, with a pair of matches that I have a hard time finding a parallel. Even his retirement participation in the HHH/Taker was done in a way that told story compelling enough to actually add to his career.

The only guys in the biz I revere on a level anywhere close to him are Angle and Bret.

I could live with the DX/NWO/Sting fuckery, though I hated it.

But coming back for an actual match, just to join forces with Hunter? In a match with Taker and Kane?

With this current roster, and a guy he accurately pegged as the right guy to come back for in Joe on the roster?

With a guy like Dolph there, damaged as he is?

I think he should stay fully retired from wrestling matches, either way, but this is the exact wrong thing to return for.

This shit is man-tits era Hogan, or couch leather man-tits Ric Flair levels of unwanted, at least for me.